Persistent OpenOffice Writer crashes

Sabrina McAlvain
I have been having a persistent issue with my open office writer crashing on me, specifically while formatting my documents and hitting “enter” 3 times in a row. I’ve read all the forums and this is a issue that a lot of people are having. I’ve tried all the fixes that they suggested. I’ve event re-formated and cleaned out my laptop. I’ve updated the program, uninstalled and reinstalled the program, trouble-shot the program through my laptop, I’ve even deleted my user profile and restarted with the wizard. Nothing is fixing this issue and as a student it is frustrating when my document crashes every 5 minutes.

Looking forward to a quick response,
Thank you,
Sabrina McAlvain.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Persistent OpenOffice Writer crashes

Dan Lewis

On 2/12/20 6:40 PM, Sabrina McAlvain wrote:
> I have been having a persistent issue with my open office writer crashing on me, specifically while formatting my documents and hitting “enter” 3 times in a row. I’ve read all the forums and this is a issue that a lot of people are having. I’ve tried all the fixes that they suggested. I’ve event re-formated and cleaned out my laptop. I’ve updated the program, uninstalled and reinstalled the program, trouble-shot the program through my laptop, I’ve even deleted my user profile and restarted with the wizard. Nothing is fixing this issue and as a student it is frustrating when my document crashes every 5 minutes.
>
> Looking forward to a quick response,
> Thank you,
> Sabrina McAlvain.
>
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

How are you formatting your document? Why is it necessary to type
"enter" 3 times in a row? AOO Writer is designed to use styles rather
than to directly apply the formatting. I suggest you use the following
link to download the chapters you will be needing to learn how to use
styles for Writer:

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/OOo3.3_User_Guide_Chapters

There are 3 chapters on styles: one in the Getting Started Guide and two
in the Writer Guide.

Any replies you make need to be to [hidden email] which is
a mailing list.

Dan