Peter reports in ;)

Peter Kovacs
Hello all,

I just wanted to give some feedback what I am doing.

I am working on an alternate build Application, which could replace the
Perl one. I have some features in mind like auto document generation
(prio1) and signing the endprodukt (after I have the important local
functionality of build script.). What I dream of is to beeing able to
influence the build logic in an easy stable, sane way.

I plan to support dmake and gnumake plus Ant.

I am sorry for Mechtilde, I thought my initial approach would deliver
the document generator much quicker, but I had to turn back and start
over. Was on the wrong way, now I believe I have a more promising and
fullfilling approach.

I will be less active on the list in the next month or so. Which I think
is hopefully beneificial for us all :)

All the best

Peter

Re: Peter reports in ;)

Damjan Jovanovic
On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 11:24 PM, Peter Kovacs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> I just wanted to give some feedback what I am doing.
>
> I am working on an alternate build Application, which could replace the
> Perl one. I have some features in mind like auto document generation
> (prio1) and signing the endprodukt (after I have the important local
> functionality of build script.). What I dream of is to beeing able to
> influence the build logic in an easy stable, sane way.
>
> I plan to support dmake and gnumake plus Ant.

Please read the documentation on our previous attempts to improve the build
system, so you don't repeat any of the same mistakes:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Build_Environment_Effort

Also how does this fit with plans to advance gbuild to replace both dmake
and build.pl?

> I am sorry for Mechtilde, I thought my initial approach would deliver the
> document generator much quicker, but I had to turn back and start over. Was
> on the wrong way, now I believe I have a more promising and fullfilling
> approach.
>

> I will be less active on the list in the next month or so. Which I think
> is hopefully beneificial for us all :)
>

> All the best
>
> Peter

Damjan

Re: Peter reports in ;)

Peter Kovacs
Hi Damjan,

Damjan Jovanovic <[hidden email]> schrieb am Di., 7. März 2017, 01:44:

> On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 11:24 PM, Peter Kovacs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >

> > I just wanted to give some feedback what I am doing.
> >
> > I am working on an alternate build Application, which could replace the
> > Perl one. I have some features in mind like auto document generation
> > (prio1) and signing the endprodukt (after I have the important local
> > functionality of build script.). What I dream of is to beeing able to
> > influence the build logic in an easy stable, sane way.
> >
> > I plan to support dmake and gnumake plus Ant.
> >

> Please read the documentation on our previous attempts to improve the build
> system, so you don't repeat any of the same mistakes:
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Build_Environment_Effort

Thanks this will help.

> Also how does this fit with plans to advance gbuild to replace both dmake
> and build.pl?

I have asked if the pl script gets relieved and did not see any answer. So
I assumed that the plan is replace dmake with gmake.
Maybe I missed the answer in this case, I am sorry.

I have made no thoughts if it fits to gbuild or not. However my first steps
are of information gathering steps. I want to see which module has what
Dependency depending on the build logic.
Then I would like to add a simple way to sign the result of the build. And
at last I want to be able to temper with the build script in a visualised
manner. (Since I dislike the need of the effort of defining the build
logic. I am lazy)

So you can think of the whole thing more kind of a Frontend idea. So yes I
can try to avoid any double work.

So is it important not to temper with gbuild strategy?  I don't want any
fights.

--

Disclaimer: Diese Nachricht stammt aus einem Google Account. Ihre Antwort
wird in der Google Cloud Gespeichert und durch Google Algorythmen zwecks