PhD work: quality assurance practices (was:[offlist] Request for interview)

PhD work: quality assurance practices (was:[offlist] Request for interview)

Peter Kovacs-3

Hi Adam,

Why do you believe I love to spend 40 Minutes on your interview, instead of working on OpenOffice?

What has your studies on the OpenOffice Community reviled so far?

How many participants do you expect?

Have you asked other Projects too?

What is your thesis that you try to follow? What answers will your work give to the OpenSource Community?

Why do you believe will be the result of your interview?

What difference makes the anonymous participation?

I think your work is non beneficial towards the project or open source.

Also I am not sure which value your work has in total.

IMHO the right way is to ask through the mailing list. I looped them in. If there are enough supporters, I make time.

All the Best

Peter

On 16.12.18 12:43, Adam Alami wrote:

Dear Peter,

I’m fascinated by the success of the OpenOffice community. I decided to study the community for my PhD.

The subject of my PhD is quality assurance practices in open source communities. I’m conducting interviews with OpenOffice contributors. I would love you to participate?

It’s a 40 mins interview where we would have a general chat about various topics. Your participation is anonymous.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Kind regards

Adam Alami

PhD Fellow

IT UNIVERSITY OF COPENHAGEN

Rued Langgaards Vej 7

DK-2300 Copenhagen S

4D04

E-mail: [hidden email]

PHONE (+45) 72 18 50 71

www.itu.dk

cid:image001.jpg@01D31BF2.3AE0C140

Re: PhD work: quality assurance practices (was:[offlist] Request for interview)

Adam Alami

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your questions, see my answers below

Why do you believe I love to spend 40 Minutes on your interview, instead of working on OpenOffice?

My research aim at understanding what can we learn from open source. OppenOffice is an exceptionally successful software. It worth studying scientifically.

What has your studies on the OpenOffice Community reviled so far?

I haven’t started yet. I’m contacting people to collect information

How many participants do you expect?

5 participants.

Have you asked other Projects too?

Yes, my PhD study covers 4 projects

What is your thesis that you try to follow? What answers will your work give to the OpenSource Community?

My thesis tries to answer why open source software is good quality?

Hopefully an understanding of their strength and capabilities.

Why do you believe will be the result of your interview?

I do not understand this question.

What difference makes the anonymous participation?

It’s good for people to know. The aim is to protect their identity

I think your work is non beneficial towards the project or open source.

My work celebrate the success of open source.

Also I am not sure which value your work has in total.

That’s up to the wider community to judge.

IMHO the right way is to ask through the mailing list. I looped them in. If there are enough supporters, I make time.

I thought to approach people individually.