Please Help

N Ladhu
Dear Support Team,

I have used open office for a number of years and now predominantly use it for work documents.

I use OpenOffice on my MacBook Pro 13” running on Mac OS Sierra Version 10.12.6.

Open Office sadly crashed and I now cannot edit or save changes or convert any documents and even have to open them in an odd way.

This is due to any actions being blocked by a pop up message that will not go away.

The message is as follows:

"The last time you opened OpenOffice, it unexpectedly quit while reopening windows.
Do you want to try to reopen its windows again?”

"If you choose not to reopen windows, you may have to open and position the windows yourself."

Regardless of whether I select Open or Don’t Reopen the message does not respond and stays on the screen.

I Googled the error and found many other users have had the same issue but their suggestions to fix it aren’t applicable.

I would really appreciate if you could kindly advise ASAP.

Many thanks.

Kind regards,

Narikai

Re: Please Help

zahra a
hello did you have backup of your file?
or saved informations before crashing?
see openoffice tools, options, load-save, general save auto recovery
information every and also always create backup copy.

windows has the option for recovery of file and restore to the
previous state, i believe that mac also should has such option or at
least free external application for recovery lost data!
hope that help, God bless you and his infinite mercy be for you.

On 9/19/17, N Ladhu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Support Team,
>
> I have used open office for a number of years and now predominantly use it
> for work documents.
>
> I use OpenOffice on my MacBook Pro 13” running on Mac OS Sierra Version
> 10.12.6.
>
> Open Office sadly crashed and I now cannot edit or save changes or convert
> any documents and even have to open them in an odd way.
>
> This is due to any actions being blocked by a pop up message that will not
> go away.
>
> The message is as follows:
>
> "The last time you opened OpenOffice, it unexpectedly quit while reopening
> windows.
> Do you want to try to reopen its windows again?”
>
> "If you choose not to reopen windows, you may have to open and position the
> windows yourself."
>
> Regardless of whether I select Open or Don’t Reopen the message does not
> respond and stays on the screen.
>
> I Googled the error and found many other users have had the same issue but
> their suggestions to fix it aren’t applicable.
>
> I would really appreciate if you could kindly advise ASAP.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Narikai

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Re: Please Help

Dave-5
On 19.09.2017 12:26, N Ladhu wrote:

> Dear Support Team,
>
> I have used open office for a number of years and now predominantly use it for work documents.
>
> I use OpenOffice on my MacBook Pro 13” running on Mac OS Sierra Version 10.12.6.
>
> Open Office sadly crashed and I now cannot edit or save changes or convert any documents and even have to open them in an odd way.
>
> This is due to any actions being blocked by a pop up message that will not go away.
>
> The message is as follows:
>
> "The last time you opened OpenOffice, it unexpectedly quit while reopening windows.
> Do you want to try to reopen its windows again?”
>
> "If you choose not to reopen windows, you may have to open and position the windows yourself."
>
> Regardless of whether I select Open or Don’t Reopen the message does not respond and stays on the screen.
>
> I Googled the error and found many other users have had the same issue but their suggestions to fix it aren’t applicable.
>
> I would really appreciate if you could kindly advise ASAP.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Narikai

You need to delete the folder "org.openoffice.script.savedState". It is
in the "Saved Application State" folder in your User/Library.

See this post on the user forum for detailed instructions:
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=55755#p244931