Please help!

Piet Fox
Every time I cut and paste or download and open a word document in OpenOffice Writer there are shadowed bars at the end of some of the sentences. I am able to delete it manually, but it is very time consuming with a whole document. What can I do to prevent it? See example:

Regards/Groete,

Piet Fox (Dip.Electr.Eng.; Mem.SAIEE)

Cell.: +264 81 169 6340

[hidden email]

Fox Lighting CC

P O Box 2483

225, Nangolo Mbumba Street

Walvis Bay

Re: Please help!

Rory O'Farrell
On Wed, 24 Jun 2020 07:02:54 +0200
Piet Fox <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Every time I cut and paste or download and open a word document in
> OpenOffice Writer there are shadowed bars at the end of some of the
> sentences. I am able to delete it manually, but it is very time consuming
> with a whole document. What can I do to prevent it? See example:

Use /Edit Paste Special, and choose "Unformatted text" from the popup. These are characters with bit 7 of a byte set.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>