Please recover my document soon

Jenny
Hello!
I did not turn off my laptop suddenly or etc but one of my writer document showed me all # characters & before the document is opened, one pop up ASCII Filter Options message appears.
How to fix the problem soon?
Thank you.
Yours sincerely,Jenny

Re: Please recover my document soon

Maurice Howe-2
ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS make frequent backup copies.  That's the REAL answer
to your question.

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 1:24 PM Jenny <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello!
> I did not turn off my laptop suddenly or etc but one of my writer document
> showed me all # characters & before the document is opened, one pop up
> ASCII Filter Options message appears.
> How to fix the problem soon?
> Thank you.
> Yours sincerely,Jenny

RE: Please recover my document soon

Geoffrey Hartwell-2
Can regular backup be automated?

ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS make frequent backup copies.  That's the REAL answer to your question.

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 1:24 PM Jenny <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello!
> I did not turn off my laptop suddenly or etc but one of my writer
> document showed me all # characters & before the document is opened,
> one pop up ASCII Filter Options message appears.
> How to fix the problem soon?
> Thank you.
> Yours sincerely,Jenny

Re: Please recover my document soon

Andrea
Am 27.09.2018 um 20:40 schrieb Geoffrey Hartwell:
> Can regular backup be automated?

That would be dangerous - if your document has been corrupted and the
automated backup works properly - the backup is unusable as well ...

 Is there a way to recover my document? Thanks.

    On Friday, 28 September 2018, 2:53:02 AM GMT+8, Andrea <[hidden email]> wrote:

 Am 27.09.2018 um 20:40 schrieb Geoffrey Hartwell:
> Can regular backup be automated?

That would be dangerous - if your document has been corrupted and the
automated backup works properly - the backup is unusable as well ...

David Robley
Please see https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=84056

Also consider installing and using the Timed Backup extension.
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?p=406045

On 28/09/18 02:53, Jenny wrote:
> Hello!
> I did not turn off my laptop suddenly or etc but one of my writer document showed me all # characters & before the document is opened, one pop up ASCII Filter Options message appears.
> How to fix the problem soon?
> Thank you.
> Yours sincerely,Jenny

Cheers
--
David Robley

Real men write self-modifying code.

Re: Please recover my document soon

Martin Groenescheij

On 28/9/18 4:40 am, Geoffrey Hartwell wrote:
> Can regular backup be automated?
I fact there are options under Tools -> Options -> Load/save
There you set the Auto Recovery time interval and to create Backups,
backups are created when you close your document always allow some
time to finish this process before you switch of your system.

On 28/9/18 4:55 am, Jenny wrote:
>   Is there a way to recover my document? Thanks.

Depend on your Options set under the Tools menu.
Check your settings under Load/save
When you have set the option you find the directory of the backups
under OpenOffice -> Paths

>      On Friday, 28 September 2018, 2:53:02 AM GMT+8, Andrea <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>   Am 27.09.2018 um 20:40 schrieb Geoffrey Hartwell:
>> Can regular backup be automated?
> That would be dangerous - if your document has been corrupted and the
> automated backup works properly - the backup is unusable as well ...

Hagar Delest-2
Reply forwarded to OP (not subscribed to the list).

Hagar