Please test the new MWiki: https://wikitest.openoffice.org

12

Please test the new MWiki: https://wikitest.openoffice.org

Andrea Pescetti-2
Our MWiki needs to be moved to a new server since Infra is replacing old
hardware. It took some work and some help from Infra, but a test
instance is now available on a new server at

https://wikitest.openoffice.org

Please test it as follows:
- if you don't have an account, just browse the pages and check that
everything looks good
- if you have an account, please login with the same username/password
you use for MWiki and check that you can edit pages normally.

If feedback is positive, we can then schedule a final migration in the
next weeks.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Please test the new MWiki: https://wikitest.openoffice.org

Алексей Евгеньевич Харламенков
Andrea! good afternoon.

Now I'm actively editing the wiki (4082 edits in the last 30 days). Will this contribution be transferred to a new wiki? Where can I continue to work: on a test wiki or in an old wiki? Or should I stop the work before the transfer of the new wiki?

--
Yours faithfully,
Aleksey Evgenievich Harlamenkov.

15.07.2018, 20:33, "Andrea Pescetti" <[hidden email]>:

> Our MWiki needs to be moved to a new server since Infra is replacing old
> hardware. It took some work and some help from Infra, but a test
> instance is now available on a new server at
>
> https://wikitest.openoffice.org
>
> Please test it as follows:
> - if you don't have an account, just browse the pages and check that
> everything looks good
> - if you have an account, please login with the same username/password
> you use for MWiki and check that you can edit pages normally.
>
> If feedback is positive, we can then schedule a final migration in the
> next weeks.
>
> Regards,
>    Andrea.

Re: Please test the new MWiki: https://wikitest.openoffice.org

Matthias Seidel
Hi Andrea,

> Our MWiki needs to be moved to a new server since Infra is replacing
> old hardware. It took some work and some help from Infra, but a test
> instance is now available on a new server at
>
> https://wikitest.openoffice.org
>
> Please test it as follows:
> - if you don't have an account, just browse the pages and check that
> everything looks good
> - if you have an account, please login with the same username/password
> you use for MWiki and check that you can edit pages normally.
Logged in successfully (remember the user name is case sensitive!) and
did a minor edit.
So far no problems.

> If feedback is positive, we can then schedule a final migration in the
> next weeks.

Great!
I still have some new graphics for the Wiki. Would you like to include
them in the test?

Regards,
   Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Please test the new MWiki: https://wikitest.openoffice.org

Алексей Евгеньевич Харламенков
Andrea! good afternoon.

My profile is missing graphics.
https://wikitest.openoffice.org/wiki/User:Sancho

On the wiki home page, links "in other languages" lead to the old wiki.

--

15.07.2018, 20:44, "Matthias Seidel" <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Andrea,
>
> Am 15.07.2018 um 19:33 schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
>>  Our MWiki needs to be moved to a new server since Infra is replacing
>>  old hardware. It took some work and some help from Infra, but a test
>>  instance is now available on a new server at
>>
>>  https://wikitest.openoffice.org
>>
>>  Please test it as follows:
>>  - if you don't have an account, just browse the pages and check that
>>  everything looks good
>>  - if you have an account, please login with the same username/password
>>  you use for MWiki and check that you can edit pages normally.
>
> Logged in successfully (remember the user name is case sensitive!) and
> did a minor edit.
> So far no problems.
>
>>  If feedback is positive, we can then schedule a final migration in the
>>  next weeks.
>
> Great!
> I still have some new graphics for the Wiki. Would you like to include
> them in the test?
>
> Regards,
>    Matthias
>
>>  Regards,
>>    Andrea.

Re: Please test the new MWiki: https://wikitest.openoffice.org

Алексей Евгеньевич Харламенков
Andrea! good afternoon.

At https://wikitest.openoffice.org/wiki/RU

Graphics are not displayed: error creating thumbnail.

--
Yours faithfully,
Aleksey Evgenievich Harlamenkov.

15.07.2018, 20:33, "Andrea Pescetti" <[hidden email]>:

> Our MWiki needs to be moved to a new server since Infra is replacing old
> hardware. It took some work and some help from Infra, but a test
> instance is now available on a new server at
>
> https://wikitest.openoffice.org
>
> Please test it as follows:
> - if you don't have an account, just browse the pages and check that
> everything looks good
> - if you have an account, please login with the same username/password
> you use for MWiki and check that you can edit pages normally.
>
> If feedback is positive, we can then schedule a final migration in the
> next weeks.
>
> Regards,
>    Andrea.

Re: Please test the new MWiki: https://wikitest.openoffice.org

Алексей Евгеньевич Харламенков
Andrea! good afternoon.

Massively on the pages
https://wikitest.openoffice.org/wiki/RU/kb/00000261
https://wikitest.openoffice.org/wiki/RU/kb/00000281
https://wikitest.openoffice.org/wiki/RU/kb/00000282
https://wikitest.openoffice.org/wiki/RU/kb/00000283
https://wikitest.openoffice.org/wiki/RU/kb/00000284
https://wikitest.openoffice.org/wiki/RU/kb/00000285
https://wikitest.openoffice.org/wiki/RU/kb/00000280

Алексей Евгеньевич Харламенков wrote:
> Where can I continue to work: on a test wiki or in an old wiki?

Work can continue normally on the "old" MWiki at
https://wiki.openoffice.org ; at a certain point, when we schedule
migration, we will announce a 1-2 days "freeze" for the MWiki while we
clone it to the new server. But until then work can continue as usual at
the usual URL.

> Or should I stop the work before the transfer of the new wiki?

No, please don't stop, and thanks for your contributions! You may want
to test https://wikitest.openoffice.org but just with some quick test
content: once we are done with tests, wikitest will be wiped out and
MWiki will be cloned again to the new server.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re[2]: Please test the new MWiki: https://wikitest.openoffice.org

Yakov Reztsov-2
Good afternoon.
I think that  error creating thumbnail is problem of setup new MediaWiki server for path to ImageMagic or path to thumbnail folder.

Yakov Reztsov

Re: Please test the new MWiki: https://wikitest.openoffice.org

Алексей Евгеньевич Харламенков
Andrea! good afternoon.

No image on the page:
https://wikitest.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Dashboard/Wiki_Editing_Policy

To place the image on a page you can use the MediaWiki Image thumbnail feature which "wraps" your illustrations in an image box. This image box includes a spot for an image caption.
File:image.png
Image caption

--
Yours faithfully,
Aleksey Evgenievich Harlamenkov.

15.07.2018, 20:33, "Andrea Pescetti" <[hidden email]>:

> Our MWiki needs to be moved to a new server since Infra is replacing old
> hardware. It took some work and some help from Infra, but a test
> instance is now available on a new server at
>
> https://wikitest.openoffice.org
>
> Please test it as follows:
> - if you don't have an account, just browse the pages and check that
> everything looks good
> - if you have an account, please login with the same username/password
> you use for MWiki and check that you can edit pages normally.
>
> If feedback is positive, we can then schedule a final migration in the
> next weeks.
>
> Regards,
>    Andrea.

Re: Please test the new MWiki: https://wikitest.openoffice.org

Pedro Lino-3
Hi Andrea

> Our MWiki needs to be moved to a new server since Infra is replacing old
> hardware. It took some work and some help from Infra, but a test
> instance is now available on a new server at
>
> https://wikitest.openoffice.org
>
> Please test it as follows:
> - if you don't have an account, just browse the pages and check that
> everything looks good
> - if you have an account, please login with the same username/password
> you use for MWiki and check that you can edit pages normally.

I have a login for site https://cwiki.apache.org but the pages there seem really empty
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Wiki+Home

On the other hand the cwiki login data won't work on the wikitest.
Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Pedro

Yakov Reztsov wrote:
> I think that  error creating thumbnail is problem of setup new MediaWiki server for path to ImageMagic or path to thumbnail folder.

Possibly. Or it could be that Aleksey's images are relatively new. The
setup process took several weeks, so not all components are
synchronized: page content is from a snapshot taken yesterday, but
images are from a snapshot taken in June.

I'll try (at the earliest possible occasion; not now) to first copy all
recent files from the MWiki again and then checking the components Yakov
suggested.

Pedro Lino wrote:
> I have a login for site https://cwiki.apache.org but the pages there seem really empty
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Wiki+Home
> On the other hand the cwiki login data won't work on the wikitest.

This is expected.

CWiki = https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Wiki+Home

MWiki = https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Main_Page

MWiki test = https://wikitest.openoffice.org/wiki/Main_Page

MWiki accounts are created on request (to this list) and they are not
the same as CWiki accounts. The current migration only concerns MWiki;
CWiki is already on the new servers.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Please test the new MWiki: https://wikitest.openoffice.org

Keith N. McKenna
On 7/15/2018 4:10 PM, Алексей Евгеньевич Харламенков wrote:

> Andrea! good afternoon.
>
> No image on the page:
> https://wikitest.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Dashboard/Wiki_Editing_Policy
>
> To place the image on a page you can use the MediaWiki Image thumbnail feature which "wraps" your illustrations in an image box. This image box includes a spot for an image caption.
> File:image.png
> Image caption
>

> --
> Yours faithfully,
> Aleksey Evgenievich Harlamenkov.
Interesting I do not see any missing graphics on that page when logged
in with my credentials.

Regards
Keith

On 7/15/2018 1:33 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> Our MWiki needs to be moved to a new server since Infra is replacing old
> hardware. It took some work and some help from Infra, but a test
> instance is now available on a new server at
>
> https://wikitest.openoffice.org
>
> Please test it as follows:
> - if you don't have an account, just browse the pages and check that
> everything looks good
> - if you have an account, please login with the same username/password
> you use for MWiki and check that you can edit pages normally.
>
> If feedback is positive, we can then schedule a final migration in the
> next weeks.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.
Greetings Andrea;

I have successfully logged in and made some edits with no problems so far.

Regards
Keith

Re: Please test the new MWiki: https://wikitest.openoffice.org

Алексей Евгеньевич Харламенков
 Andrea! good afternoon.

No image on the page:
https://wikitest.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Dashboard/Wiki_Editing_Policy

ScreenShot:
https://yadi.sk/i/seQcRGC-3ZDDQX

--

16.07.2018, 02:38, "Keith N. McKenna" <[hidden email]>:

> On 7/15/2018 4:10 PM, Алексей Евгеньевич Харламенков wrote:
>>  Andrea! good afternoon.
>>
>>  No image on the page:
>>  https://wikitest.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Dashboard/Wiki_Editing_Policy
>>
>>  To place the image on a page you can use the MediaWiki Image thumbnail feature which "wraps" your illustrations in an image box. This image box includes a spot for an image caption.
>>  File:image.png
>>  Image caption
>>
>>  --
>>  Yours faithfully,
>>  Aleksey Evgenievich Harlamenkov.
>
> Interesting I do not see any missing graphics on that page when logged
> in with my credentials.
>
> Regards
> Keith
>>  15.07.2018, 20:33, "Andrea Pescetti" <[hidden email]>:
>>>  Our MWiki needs to be moved to a new server since Infra is replacing old
>>>  hardware. It took some work and some help from Infra, but a test
>>>  instance is now available on a new server at
>>>
>>>  https://wikitest.openoffice.org
>>>
>>>  Please test it as follows:
>>>  - if you don't have an account, just browse the pages and check that
>>>  everything looks good
>>>  - if you have an account, please login with the same username/password
>>>  you use for MWiki and check that you can edit pages normally.
>>>
>>>  If feedback is positive, we can then schedule a final migration in the
>>>  next weeks.
>>>
>>>  Regards,
>>>     Andrea.

Re: Please test the new MWiki: https://wikitest.openoffice.org

Pedro Lino-3

> On July 15, 2018 at 10:09 PM Andrea Pescetti <[hidden email]> wrote:

> MWiki accounts are created on request (to this list) and they are not
> the same as CWiki accounts. The current migration only concerns MWiki;
> CWiki is already on the new servers.

Can you please create an MWiki account associated to this email address ([hidden email])?

Thanks!

Regards,
Pedro

On 7/16/2018 2:48 AM, Алексей Евгеньевич Харламенков wrote:

>  Andrea! good afternoon.
>
> No image on the page:
> https://wikitest.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Dashboard/Wiki_Editing_Policy
>

> ScreenShot:
> https://yadi.sk/i/seQcRGC-3ZDDQX
>

> --
> Yours faithfully,
> Aleksey Evgenievich Harlamenkov.

Alexsey;
 A comparison of the wiki editing policy on the testwiki and the
production wiki reveals that the image in question does not show up on
either wiki.the below screenshot is from
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Dashboard/Wiki_Editing_Policy#Graphical_Content
shows that the image in question does not appear on the production wiki
either.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oFPJFwATGOvoFrJy7j5DM_5z30z1cW4N/view?usp=sharing

I suspect that the file image.png was never uploaded to the wiki
originally. Although it should be corrected on the production wiki, I do
not believe it should be a ding against the transfer process as a whole.

Regards
Keith

On 7/16/2018 7:28 AM, Pedro Lino wrote:

>> On July 15, 2018 at 10:09 PM Andrea Pescetti <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> MWiki accounts are created on request (to this list) and they are not
>> the same as CWiki accounts. The current migration only concerns MWiki;
>> CWiki is already on the new servers.
>
> Can you please create an MWiki account associated to this email address ([hidden email])?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Regards,
> Pedro

Pedro;

Due you have a preference for your user name or is pedlino (your cwiki
username) OK.

Regards
Keith

Re: Please test the new MWiki: https://wikitest.openoffice.org

Pedro Lino-3
Hi Keith

> On July 16, 2018 at 3:43 PM "Keith N. McKenna" <[hidden email] mailto:[hidden email] > wrote:
>
>     Due you have a preference for your user name or is pedlino (your cwiki
>     username) OK

pedlino is fine. Thanks!

Regards,

Pedro

On 7/16/2018 12:02 PM, Pedro Lino wrote:

> Hi Keith
>

>> On July 16, 2018 at 3:43 PM "Keith N. McKenna" <[hidden email] mailto:[hidden email] > wrote:
>>
>>     Due you have a preference for your user name or is pedlino (your cwiki
>>     username) OK
>>

> pedlino is fine. Thanks!
>

> Regards,
>
> Pedro

Account has been created and a temporary password has been mailed under
separate cover. It should be changed to one of your choice at first
login by going to preferences and clicking the change password link.

Regards
Keith

12