Possible to find OOo biblography entries in doc?

Possible to find OOo biblography entries in doc?

Christian Fritz-2
Hello,

my OOo Bibliography works fine, except for one thing: I don't know how
to search for ("find") the citations in my document (e.g. I want to
get all occasions of one author).

The german wiki tells me, it's not possible.
http://www.ooowiki.de/SuchenUndErsetzen#SuchenachLiteraturverzeichnis-Eintr.2BAOQ-gen

Is that true? (So I should abondon my google-wiki-forum-efforts - or
is there a way? I know, Bibus would be one way...)

Thank you all so much for your help!
Christian Fritz

--
Christian Fritz
[hidden email]

Re: Possible to find OOo biblography entries in doc?

David Wilson-7

Christian,

                I do not think there is a simple tool to find citations
by author.

What sort of tool would like to have - Do you want a search function
like the text search/replace or  do you want a report of citations by
author ?

You can find the citations by looking at the Bibliography  report ,
search in that report for the author  and  find the  Short Names ie.
[Smith1987]  or the reference numbers and then find them in the text.

If you want a manual process for producing a report of author citation
by page you could insert a Index entry with the author name next to each
citation, and then insert a Alphabetical Index showing Author name and
page number.

If you have very large document and need to find author references you
can search the XML source for the document. To extract this set this
menu option

Tools->Options->Load/Save->General  'Size optimisation for ODF' uncheck

Then save your document, rename the filename.odt filename.zip and open
the file package with zip tools. The document text source is in the
content.xml file.

If you can do a a bit of Perl programming you can use OpenOffice-OODoc
<http://search.cpan.org/%7Ejmgdoc/OpenOffice-OODoc/> to find and
manipulate bibliographic entries in OpenOffice Documents.

I know these options are not very good but this is all I can suggest.

regards

David Wilson