Printing labels

Tom Jones
I am trying to print some mailing labels.  I have converted my spreadsheet
containing addresses to an .odb database file.  Then I go to
"File>new>labels to open the labels dialog.  When I try to enter the name
of my database, I find that I cannot delete or add anything to the
incorrect choices listed in the dropdown list.  I have closed and restarted
both the Open Office program and the computer, but I still cannot change
these entries.  Any suggestions?
Tom

Re: Printing labels

Brian Barker-2
At 12:09 14/06/2020 -0500, Tom Jones wrote:
>I am trying to print some mailing labels. I have converted my
>spreadsheet containing addresses to an .odb database file. Then I go
>to File>new>labels to open the labels dialog. When I try to enter
>the name of my database, I find that I cannot delete or add anything
>to the incorrect choices listed in the dropdown list. I have closed
>and restarted both the Open Office program and the computer, but I
>still cannot change these entries.

You probably need to "register" your database - which you could have
done in its creation. To do it now:
o Go to Tools | Options... | OpenOffice Base | Databases.
o Click New... and browse to your database.
o Give your database a registered name.

Now it should appear under Database in the Labels dialogue.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker