Printing

Bud Walker
Hi guys:  I have Apache Open Office 4.1.6.  I have a problem printing a document using font color black.   I just brought a new HP All in one computer.  It prints documents that has a table with black font text in it, but it will not print any text using black.  I’v changed the font colors options and it prints in other colors.

Can you help me

Nate

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Printing

jd1008
Is it an inkjet printer?
If yes, perhaps your black ink is out or it is so old that it is dry.

On 02/08/2019 09:33 AM, Bud Walker wrote:
> Hi guys:  I have Apache Open Office 4.1.6.  I have a problem printing a document using font color black.   I just brought a new HP All in one computer.  It prints documents that has a table with black font text in it, but it will not print any text using black.  I’v changed the font colors options and it prints in other colors.
>
> Can you help me
>
> Nate
>
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Printing

Steven Ahlers
Bud,

Assuming you meant an All in One Printer, have you downloaded the most recent printer driver (not just the disc that came with the printer)? Have you defined this printer as the default printer?

What operating system are you using? Have you run a print test and does it print black?

Steve

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 8, 2019, at 8:33 AM, Bud Walker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi guys:  I have Apache Open Office 4.1.6.  I have a problem printing a document using font color black.   I just brought a new HP All in one computer.  It prints documents that has a table with black font text in it, but it will not print any text using black.  I’v changed the font colors options and it prints in other colors.
>
> Can you help me
>
> Nate
>
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Printing

Brian Barker-2
At 10:33 08/02/2019 -0600, Nate 'Bud' Walker wrote:
>I have Apache Open Office 4.1.6. I have a problem printing a
>document using font color black. I just brought a new HP All in one computer.

Er, a printer?

>It prints documents that has a table with black font text in it, but
>it will not print any text using black. I've changed the font colors
>options and it prints in other colors.

Just a thought: do you have a tick at Tools | Options.. | OpenOffice
| Accessibility | Options for high-contrast appearance | Use
automatic font colour for screen display? If so, text of other
colours - even white - will show as black (on light backgrounds) in
the editing screen, but will print correctly. But you would probably
notice if that was the case if, as you say, you changed font colours as a test.

Here's a possible workaround. Is this a text (Writer) document? Tick
the option at Tools | Options... | OpenOffice Writer | Print |
Contents | Print text in black. In any case, discovering whether that
works or not may help you diagnose the problem.

Other tests:

o What happens printing from other applications?

o Did you inherit this document from someone else?

o Have you converted this document from another (perhaps proprietary) format?

o What happens if you create a new test document instead?

o What happened with your previous printer?

o Er, have you still got the receipt?!

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: Printing

Tom-3
One thing that seems so obvious you may have overlooked it. HP Printers have 1 slot for the color cartridge and 1 slot for the black cartridge; could you have switched them?