Problem

wilf verner
My open office 4.01 program will not let me in.  I just used my spreadsheet earlier this week and now I can’t open any of my open office documents.  Why Not?
Bernice

Re: Problem

Rory O'Farrell
On Sat, 30 Jun 2018 08:08:51 -0600
"wilf verner" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My open office 4.01 program will not let me in.  I just used my spreadsheet earlier this week and now I can’t open any of my open office documents.  Why Not?
> Bernice

In the absence of more detailed information I assume you are using MS Windows as your operating system.  Try starting TaskManager (Ctrl Shift Esc) and kill all "soffice" processes shown on TM's tabs.  Note: "soffice".  If there are any such, OpenOffice should then open correctly on next attempt.

Any such left-over soffice processes may occur because of over-hasty powering off of the computer before housekeeping has been completed, or sometimes a program or operating system crash.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>