Problem with OpenOffice path

Evens MIDY
Hello,

I use PHP to access a odt file (save on a server) on a client with
openoffice.
When OpenOffice opens the file, it saves by default in the Windows
temporary folder. I want to change that and allow openoffice save the file
in a specific folder to open it and not in the buffer windows

Good Regards,

Re: Problem with OpenOffice path

Dean Durow
please remove me from your email list

On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 5:13 PM, Evens MIDY <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I use PHP to access a odt file (save on a server) on a client with
> openoffice.
> When OpenOffice opens the file, it saves by default in the Windows
> temporary folder. I want to change that and allow openoffice save the file
> in a specific folder to open it and not in the buffer windows
>
> Good Regards,

Re: Problem with OpenOffice path

Andrea Pescetti-2
Evens MIDY wrote:
> I use PHP to access a odt file (save on a server) on a client with
> openoffice.
> When OpenOffice opens the file, it saves by default in the Windows
> temporary folder. I want to change that

I'm not sure I understand correctly, but if your workflow is:
1) you access the file by clicking in the browser;
2) the file is downloaded to your local machine;
3) you open the downloaded file with OpenOffice
then the path depends on where the browser saves it. OpenOffice simply
opens it in the folder where the browser saved it.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Problem with OpenOffice path

Shari Lynn Smith
I believe this is either related to windows or the browser. I have the same
thing happen when opening files online.

I found this on Firefox but haven't yet found a way to change it.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10025

I have just learned to save as when I see its happened.

Shari

powered by android
On Mar 8, 2014 5:14 PM, "Evens MIDY" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I use PHP to access a odt file (save on a server) on a client with
> openoffice.
> When OpenOffice opens the file, it saves by default in the Windows
> temporary folder. I want to change that and allow openoffice save the file
> in a specific folder to open it and not in the buffer windows
>
> Good Regards,

Re: Problem with OpenOffice path

Evens MIDY
Thank you Chari and Andrea,*

Is there not a way to check all the default paths used by openoffice
directory (other than Tool->Option->Path)?

I will try with different browser to see if  the same thing happening.

Best Regards,

--
Ingénieur Informaticien
Skype : midy.evens
Tél : (509)3728-0247

Re: Problem with OpenOffice path

Tubular
To have control over where downloads are saved using FoxFire, Click
"Tools" ; "Options" ; "General" then look for "Downloads" you will see
"Show the Downloads window . . . " ; "Save Files to " ; "Always Ask Me
where to save files" select "Always Ask Me" option to give you control
to save file where you want it.   Upon request to download a file, a
little box will open giving an opportunity to direct the file to the
proper directory for saving.

Dictating where files are saved when downloaded is a function of the
browser NOT OpenOffice nor Excel nor MS Word nor WordPerfect nor Lotus
nor Adobe.

Evens MIDY wrote:

> Thank you Chari and Andrea,*
>
> Is there not a way to check all the default paths used by openoffice
> directory (other than Tool->Option->Path)?
>
> I will try with different browser to see if  the same thing happening.
>
> Best Regards,
>

> On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 11:59 AM, Shari Lynn Smith <[hidden email]>wrote:
>

>> I believe this is either related to windows or the browser. I have the same
>> thing happen when opening files online.
>>
>> I found this on Firefox but haven't yet found a way to change it.
>>
>> http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10025
>>
>> I have just learned to save as when I see its happened.
>>
>> Shari
>>
>> powered by android
>> On Mar 8, 2014 5:14 PM, "Evens MIDY" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I use PHP to access a odt file (save on a server) on a client with
>>> openoffice.
>>> When OpenOffice opens the file, it saves by default in the Windows
>>> temporary folder. I want to change that and allow openoffice save the
>>>
>> file
>>
>>> in a specific folder to open it and not in the buffer windows
>>>
>>> Good Regards,

-----
No virus found in this message.

Re: Problem with OpenOffice path

Shari Lynn Smith
Yes, and actually it is in there. Tools > Option > Path > Temporary Files
I'm not sure if I've ever found that before.. Editing my own right now.
I do know it has to do with files open versus download, or the temporary
download location connected to the browser.

Shari

Re: Problem with OpenOffice path

Evens MIDY
I do not really understand what is happening, I'm a little confused.
1 - I do not think it's the browser that puts the files in a specific
buffer puisqui'il directory for it(C:\Users\Evens Midy\Downloads).
2 - When I change the path for temporary files openoffice, nothing happens
either(Tools > Option > Path > Temporary Files).
I really wonder what is the cause.

Evens

On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 3:08 PM, Shari <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, and actually it is in there. Tools > Option > Path > Temporary Files
> I'm not sure if I've ever found that before.. Editing my own right now. I
> do know it has to do with files open versus download, or the temporary
> download location connected to the browser.
>
> Shari

Ingénieur Informaticien
Skype : midy.evens
Tél : (509)3728-0247

Re: Problem with OpenOffice path

Evens MIDY
Thank you for all your help, finally i understand that opennoffice is not
 the cause but firefox. i will try to resolve this problem directly in
firefox

Evens

--
Ingénieur Informaticien
Skype : midy.evens
Tél : (509)3728-0247

Re: Problem with OpenOffice path

Martin Groenescheij
Could you tell us way you are not able to unsubscribe yourself?

On 10-3-2014 0:06, Dean Durow wrote:

> please remove me from your email list
>

> On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 5:13 PM, Evens MIDY <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I use PHP to access a odt file (save on a server) on a client with
>> openoffice.
>> When OpenOffice opens the file, it saves by default in the Windows
>> temporary folder. I want to change that and allow openoffice save the file
>> in a specific folder to open it and not in the buffer windows
>>
>> Good Regards,

Re: Problem with OpenOffice path

Tubular
I know this is a dumb question; however, did you use:

    >> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]

??

Martin Groenescheij wrote:

> Could you tell us way you are not able to unsubscribe yourself?
>
> On 10-3-2014 0:06, Dean Durow wrote:
>> please remove me from your email list
>>

>> On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 5:13 PM, Evens MIDY <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I use PHP to access a odt file (save on a server) on a client with
>>> openoffice.
>>> When OpenOffice opens the file, it saves by default in the Windows
>>> temporary folder. I want to change that and allow openoffice save
>>> the file
>>> in a specific folder to open it and not in the buffer windows
>>>
>>> Good Regards,
>>>

> -----
> No virus found in this message.

-----
No virus found in this message.

Re: Problem with OpenOffice path

Ann Carswell
Clicking on “unsubscribe” did not remove me from this list.
Ann Carswell