Problem with auto correcting words

Cynthia
Hi,

I have been having a problem with my open office when typing a document and use the word to it auto correct with the word the, I have the same problem when I type the word was it auto
corrects the word to Mac.

I don’t know why it does this. How do I stop the auto correct from changing the word to.  to the word the and the word  was to Mac?

Please help me it is very frustrating to constantly have to go back and change these small words in my documents. I have Apache open office 4, I have had it for a few years and only recently this problem started.

Thank you,
cbailpma
Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Problem with auto correcting words

Martin Groenescheij

On 16/02/18 2:37 PM, Cynthia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been having a problem with my open office when typing a document and use the word to it auto correct with the word the, I have the same problem when I type the word was it auto
> corrects the word to Mac.

Go to Windows: Options -> Tools -> AutoCorrect  Mac: Preference -> Tools
-> AutoCorrect
There are a few tabs you should check
The Replace tab contains a list of frequent typing errors with replacements
In the Options tab you can check boxes on how the replacement table works
At the Word Completion tab you can control the word completion.