Problem with user profile

Olivier Gaspard
Hi all,

        My firm has expected to migrate from MS Office to OpenOffice 2.0 fr.
It's approximatively 1600 pc to migrate, great chalenge ;-) But one
problem persists :
-> we manage users with roamming profiles, (Win profile (SAM)), and
these profiles are limited to 8 Mo per users. So, The problem is that
OOo store automaticaly and obligatorily the users settings (OOo's user
profile) in his profile, and I want to redirect/change the path of this
folder. Each users have a distant storage (fileserver) (mapped drive)
where they can put all documents and others file. And evidently, I would
redirect the 00o folder user's profile to this drive. For that, I tried
in "Options"->"Path", to change the values (after that I erase the
folder in user profile), but when I close and re-open the application,
the folder is recreated automaticaly... Is there any chance to resolve
that problem?

        Thank a lot for your help and councils,

        Olivier Gaspard

--
Olivier Gaspard <[hidden email]>
Service informatique CHC ASBL <http://www.chc.be>

Thanks to avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments
(Please use Txt, HTML or PDF attachments)

Re: Problem with user profile

G. Roderick Singleton-2
On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 15:22 +0100, Olivier Gaspard wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My firm has expected to migrate from MS Office to OpenOffice 2.0 fr.
> It's approximatively 1600 pc to migrate, great chalenge ;-) But one
> problem persists :
> -> we manage users with roamming profiles, (Win profile (SAM)), and
> these profiles are limited to 8 Mo per users. So, The problem is that
> OOo store automaticaly and obligatorily the users settings (OOo's user
> profile) in his profile, and I want to redirect/change the path of this
> folder. Each users have a distant storage (fileserver) (mapped drive)
> where they can put all documents and others file. And evidently, I would
> redirect the 00o folder user's profile to this drive. For that, I tried
> in "Options"->"Path", to change the values (after that I erase the
> folder in user profile), but when I close and re-open the application,
> the folder is recreated automaticaly... Is there any chance to resolve
> that problem?

M. Gaspard,

You might find this faq item useful:
http://oooauthors.org/en/FAQs/faqinstall/faqinstall/32