Problems Using Open Office

Hayley Nelson
Hello
I have a google pixelbook and am having issues using Open Office.  Once
downloaded I try to open it and it opens it via Painter???  and It won't
let me open it up any other way.  I've only had the computer for a few
months so I'm not a pro at it.   If you have any suggestions on how to help
me please let me know.
Thank you
Hayley Nelson

Re: Problems Using Open Office

Dan Lewis

On 10/16/18 4:46 PM, Hayley Nelson wrote:
> Hello
> I have a google pixelbook and am having issues using Open Office.  Once
> downloaded I try to open it and it opens it via Painter???  and It won't
> let me open it up any other way.  I've only had the computer for a few
> months so I'm not a pro at it.   If you have any suggestions on how to help
> me please let me know.
> Thank you
> Hayley Nelson

    The Google Pixelbook runs the Chrome operating system. Apache Open
Office is not designed to run on Chrome; in fact, it won't. This is why
you are having problems. It is possible that what you need is
AndrOpenOffice will do what you want. I have not tried it yet. It runs
on the Android operation system. But according info about the Pixelbook,
anything that runs on Android will also run on Chrome. It is worth a try.

Dan