Problems saving

Michel Pelland
I always receive a ''general input/output error while accessing'' my file.
I get this message twice, then ''error saving document''???

I reloaded the application, restarted my computer, tried again: I was able
to save once and then the same problem.

What can I do?

Thanks

Michel Pelland

Re: Problems saving

Tony Santana
Perhaps the hard disk is full, I'm not expert ,sorry

El sáb., 7 nov. 2020 13:25, Michel Pelland <[hidden email]>
escribió:

> I always receive a ''general input/output error while accessing'' my file.
> I get this message twice, then ''error saving document''???
>
> I reloaded the application, restarted my computer, tried again: I was able
> to save once and then the same problem.
>
> What can I do?
>
> Thanks
>

> Michel Pelland

Re: Problems saving

Robin Lord
Try chkdsk from a dos prompt, sounds like it may be a hardware problem

--
Best Regards

Robin

Re: Problems saving

zahra a
i believe that openoffice is not stable as microsoft office.
and its a common problem in this program.
but i believe that you should report the bug for openoffice developers.
i had some files that when i wanted to open with libreoffice, the
result was crashing.
i reported the bug to libreoffice developers.
thanks God, they resolved the bugs for me.
and openning all of my files using libreoffice without crashing became possible.
when you made account and reported the bug, dont forget to attach your
file and remove sensitive informations if you have such informations
in your file.

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Re: Problems saving

Martin Groenescheij-2

On 8 Nov 2020, at 08:27, zahra ayat <[hidden email]> wrote:
> i believe that openoffice is not stable as microsoft office.
> and its a common problem in this program.
> but i believe that you should report the bug for openoffice developers.

That’s a lot of believes, I rather like to see facts.
Apart from that the error message “general input/output error'' comes
from the Operating System and that’s in this case Microsofts responsibility

> i had some files that when i wanted to open with libreoffice, the
> result was crashing.
> i reported the bug to libreoffice developers.
> thanks God, they resolved the bugs for me.
> and openning all of my files using libreoffice without crashing became possible.
> when you made account and reported the bug, dont forget to attach your
> file and remove sensitive informations if you have such informations
> in your file.
>
>> On 11/7/20, Michel Pelland <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I always receive a ''general input/output error while accessing'' my file.
>> I get this message twice, then ''error saving document''???
>>
>> I reloaded the application, restarted my computer, tried again: I was able
>> to save once and then the same problem.
>>
>> What can I do?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> Michel Pelland
>

> --
> By God,
> were I given all the seven heavens
> with all they contain
> in order that
> I may disobey God
> by depriving an ant
> from the husk of a grain of barley,
> I would not do it.
> imam ali

Re: Problems saving

Rory O'Farrell
On Sun, 8 Nov 2020 13:23:55 +0100
Martin Groenescheij <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 8 Nov 2020, at 08:27, zahra ayat <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > i believe that openoffice is not stable as microsoft office.
> > and its a common problem in this program.
> > but i believe that you should report the bug for openoffice developers.
>
> That’s a lot of believes, I rather like to see facts.
> Apart from that the error message “general input/output error'' comes
> from the Operating System and that’s in this case Microsofts responsibility

This is most likely a problem with Windows Defender, a cure for which is in this tutorial
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=97507

RoryOF

> > i had some files that when i wanted to open with libreoffice, the
> > result was crashing.
> > i reported the bug to libreoffice developers.
> > thanks God, they resolved the bugs for me.
> > and openning all of my files using libreoffice without crashing became possible.
> > when you made account and reported the bug, dont forget to attach your
> > file and remove sensitive informations if you have such informations
> > in your file.
> >
> >> On 11/7/20, Michel Pelland <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> I always receive a ''general input/output error while accessing'' my file.
> >> I get this message twice, then ''error saving document''???
> >>
> >> I reloaded the application, restarted my computer, tried again: I was able
> >> to save once and then the same problem.
> >>
> >> What can I do?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>

> >> Michel Pelland
> >

> > --
> > By God,
> > were I given all the seven heavens
> > with all they contain
> > in order that
> > I may disobey God
> > by depriving an ant
> > from the husk of a grain of barley,
> > I would not do it.
> > imam ali

Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Problems saving

Martin Groenescheij-2

On 08/11/2020 14:01, Michel Pelland wrote:
> Thank you.
>
> When I wrote this email, I thought I was writing to the developper. Do
> you have their address?

Check the OpenOffice site and click on Support, there you find how you
can report a bug.

> Michel Pelland
>

> Le dim. 8 nov. 2020, à 07 h 24, Martin Groenescheij
> <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> a écrit :
>

>     On 8 Nov 2020, at 08:27, zahra ayat <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>     > i believe that openoffice is not stable as microsoft office.
>     > and its a common problem in this program.
>     > but i believe that you should report the bug for openoffice
>     developers.
>
>     That’s a lot of believes, I rather like to see facts.
>     Apart from that the error message “general input/output error'' comes
>     from the Operating System and that’s in this case Microsofts
>     responsibility
>
>     > i had some files that when i wanted to open with libreoffice, the
>     > result was crashing.
>     > i reported the bug to libreoffice developers.
>     > thanks God, they resolved the bugs for me.
>     > and openning all of my files using libreoffice without crashing
>     became possible.
>     > when you made account and reported the bug, dont forget to
>     attach your
>     > file and remove sensitive informations if you have such informations
>     > in your file.
>     >
>     >> On 11/7/20, Michel Pelland <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>     >> I always receive a ''general input/output error while
>     accessing'' my file.
>     >> I get this message twice, then ''error saving document''???
>     >>
>     >> I reloaded the application, restarted my computer, tried again:
>     I was able
>     >> to save once and then the same problem.
>     >>
>     >> What can I do?
>     >>
>     >> Thanks
>     >>
>     >>
>     >> Michel Pelland
>     >
>     >
>     > --
>     > By God,
>     > were I given all the seven heavens
>     > with all they contain
>     > in order that
>     > I may disobey God
>     > by depriving an ant
>     > from the husk of a grain of barley,
>     > I would not do it.
>     > imam ali
>     >
>     >
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     > For additional commands, e-mail:
>     [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: Problems saving

Peter Kovacs-3

Am 08.11.20 um 14:50 schrieb Martin Groenescheij:

> On 08/11/2020 14:01, Michel Pelland wrote:
>> Thank you.
>>
>> When I wrote this email, I thought I was writing to the developper.
>> Do you have their address?

you wrote to user support the email the dev uses: [hidden email]

> Check the OpenOffice site and click on Support, there you find how you
> can report a bug.

The Bugzilla account creation is locked due to regular SPAM attempts.

Request an account on the dev mailing list (see top), providing a
preferred user name. (address see above.)

Also we need a file in order to reproduce the issue. If we are not able
to reproduce we will not follow up the issue.

I do recommend to look into the Microsoft defender solution first. The
more facts you have that you can say, the more likely it is one will
look into the case.

The Information I have read so far are not sufficient from my point of view.

>> Michel Pelland
>>

>> Le dim. 8 nov. 2020, à 07 h 24, Martin Groenescheij
>> <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> a écrit :
>>

>>     On 8 Nov 2020, at 08:27, zahra ayat <[hidden email]
>>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>     > i believe that openoffice is not stable as microsoft office.
>>     > and its a common problem in this program.
>>     > but i believe that you should report the bug for openoffice
>>     developers.
>>
>>     That’s a lot of believes, I rather like to see facts.
>>     Apart from that the error message “general input/output error''
>> comes
>>     from the Operating System and that’s in this case Microsofts
>>     responsibility
>>
>>     > i had some files that when i wanted to open with libreoffice, the
>>     > result was crashing.
>>     > i reported the bug to libreoffice developers.
>>     > thanks God, they resolved the bugs for me.
>>     > and openning all of my files using libreoffice without crashing
>>     became possible.
>>     > when you made account and reported the bug, dont forget to
>>     attach your
>>     > file and remove sensitive informations if you have such
>> informations
>>     > in your file.
>>     >
>>     >> On 11/7/20, Michel Pelland <[hidden email]
>>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>     >> I always receive a ''general input/output error while
>>     accessing'' my file.
>>     >> I get this message twice, then ''error saving document''???
>>     >>
>>     >> I reloaded the application, restarted my computer, tried again:
>>     I was able
>>     >> to save once and then the same problem.
>>     >>
>>     >> What can I do?
>>     >>
>>     >> Thanks