Problems with Add button in spell checker

Problems with Add button in spell checker

Per Eriksson-2
Hi,

We have a member of the Swedish community which is a power user and
currently teach in OpenOffice.org.

In one of her Windows computers, the Add button has disappeared.
Reinstalling the software did not solve the problem, including removing
the software and its installation directory completely.

As we cannot solve it, what are the technical prerequisites for the
button to be usable? Can a programmer here please specify what is
required for the button to show up in the current version 3.2?

Thank you very much,

Best Regards

Per Eriksson

Re: Problems with Add button in spell checker

Per Eriksson-2
Hi,

A little clarification, it's the document context menu Add... that
doesn't show up, nothing else was meant.

Best,
Per

Per Eriksson skrev 2010-02-14 14:12:

> Hi,
>
> We have a member of the Swedish community which is a power user and
> currently teach in OpenOffice.org.
>
> In one of her Windows computers, the Add button has disappeared.
> Reinstalling the software did not solve the problem, including
> removing the software and its installation directory completely.
>
> As we cannot solve it, what are the technical prerequisites for the
> button to be usable? Can a programmer here please specify what is
> required for the button to show up in the current version 3.2?
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> Best Regards
>
> Per Eriksson

Re: Problems with Add button in spell checker

thomas.lange

Hi Per,

> Hi,
>
> A little clarification, it's the document context menu Add... that
> doesn't show up, nothing else was meant.

What do you mean? The menu entry 'Add' in the context menu of mispelled
words? The one where you can choose the dictionaty to which that word
should be added?

Thomas

> Per Eriksson skrev 2010-02-14 14:12:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We have a member of the Swedish community which is a power user and
>> currently teach in OpenOffice.org.
>>
>> In one of her Windows computers, the Add button has disappeared.
>> Reinstalling the software did not solve the problem, including
>> removing the software and its installation directory completely.
>>
>> As we cannot solve it, what are the technical prerequisites for the
>> button to be usable? Can a programmer here please specify what is
>> required for the button to show up in the current version 3.2?
>>
>> Thank you very much,
>>
>> Best Regards
>>
>> Per Eriksson

Introducing new member

Bob Couttie
I've just joined the list. I'm involved in some projects related to
Maritime English and assessent of compliance with standards. Normal
'Readability' measurements do not work well in this domain and there is
a need to be able to assess compliance with a given standard.

Bob Couttie
Maritime Accident Casebook