Problems with Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.4_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US

12

Problems with Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.4_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US

James Knott
I've downloaded the 64 bit Linux RPM package and verified it with
md5sum.  However, when I try to install, I get an error message:

Error: INVALID:openoffice-ure-4.1.4-9788.x86_64 (OpenOffice): Signature
verification failed [6-File is unsigned]

Header SHA1 digest: OK (519d55bb033c77cede4248050dd996f4feae5d08)

MD5 digest: OK (62b9b1472673d61e3184f36289aba1f6)

Package is not signed!

Has anyone else experienced this?

tnx jk

Re: Problems with Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.4_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US

Chuck Davis
I just installed yesterday on openSUSE Tumbleweed with no problems.

On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 2:35 PM, James Knott <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've downloaded the 64 bit Linux RPM package and verified it with
> md5sum.  However, when I try to install, I get an error message:
>
> Error: INVALID:openoffice-ure-4.1.4-9788.x86_64 (OpenOffice): Signature
> verification failed [6-File is unsigned]
>
> Header SHA1 digest: OK (519d55bb033c77cede4248050dd996f4feae5d08)
>
> MD5 digest: OK (62b9b1472673d61e3184f36289aba1f6)
>
> Package is not signed!
>
> Has anyone else experienced this?
>
> tnx jk

Re: Problems with Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.4_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US

zahra a
hello.
i did not think that linux like mac needs to install signed programs!
i searched for you in google and found these two links about
installing unsigned programs on linux.
hear you are the links, hope that help, God bless you!

https://askubuntu.com/questions/862567/ubuntu-16-10-software-center-cannot-install-from-unsigned-repo

https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/31116/how-do-i-install-unsigned-packages-using-yum/

On 11/17/17, Chuck Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just installed yesterday on openSUSE Tumbleweed with no problems.
>
> On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 2:35 PM, James Knott <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> I've downloaded the 64 bit Linux RPM package and verified it with
>> md5sum.  However, when I try to install, I get an error message:
>>
>> Error: INVALID:openoffice-ure-4.1.4-9788.x86_64 (OpenOffice): Signature
>> verification failed [6-File is unsigned]
>>
>> Header SHA1 digest: OK (519d55bb033c77cede4248050dd996f4feae5d08)
>>
>> MD5 digest: OK (62b9b1472673d61e3184f36289aba1f6)
>>
>> Package is not signed!
>>
>> Has anyone else experienced this?
>>
>> tnx jk

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

On 11/17/2017 02:08 AM, zahra a wrote:
> hello.
> i did not think that linux like mac needs to install signed programs!
> i searched for you in google and found these two links about
> installing unsigned programs on linux.
> hear you are the links, hope that help,
I'm running openSUSE, but I don't think the check is used in the same
way as a Mac, but rather just ensuring it came from where it claims to be.

> God bless you!
I find that offensive.  Religion is delusion, which has no place in the
real world.

On 11/16/2017 07:28 PM, Chuck Davis wrote:
> I just installed yesterday on openSUSE Tumbleweed with no problems.

I'm on Leap 42.3.

Re: Problems with Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.4_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US

zahra a
the religions are for salvation and prosperity of mankind.
the message of islam is mercy for entire creation.

On 11/17/17, James Knott <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 11/16/2017 07:28 PM, Chuck Davis wrote:
>> I just installed yesterday on openSUSE Tumbleweed with no problems.
>
> I'm on Leap 42.3.

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Re: Problems with Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.4_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US

James Knott
The proper response to that is not suitable for use in a public forum.
However, we can start with absolute BS.  Please keep that BS to yourself.

On 11/17/2017 09:36 AM, zahra a wrote:

> the religions are for salvation and prosperity of mankind.
> the message of islam is mercy for entire creation.
>
> On 11/17/17, James Knott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 11/16/2017 07:28 PM, Chuck Davis wrote:
>>> I just installed yesterday on openSUSE Tumbleweed with no problems.
>> I'm on Leap 42.3.

Re: Problems with Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.4_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US

zahra a
okay, i did not say that discuss it in a public forum, i just answer
your question in one sentence and i am ready to help you and anyone
who has questions about islam, its message and purpose etc.
you and anyone can feel free to email me off list and ask your
questions without any worried!
God bless you all!

On 11/17/17, James Knott <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The proper response to that is not suitable for use in a public forum.
> However, we can start with absolute BS.  Please keep that BS to yourself.
>

> On 11/17/2017 09:36 AM, zahra a wrote:
>> the religions are for salvation and prosperity of mankind.
>> the message of islam is mercy for entire creation.

>>> I'm on Leap 42.3.

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Re: Problems with Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.4_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US

John Hart-2
On 11/17/2017 5:11 AM, James Knott wrote:
>> God bless you!
> I find that offensive.  Religion is delusion, which has no place in the
> real world.
Just because you have a defective concept of God, is no reason for starting
a flame war on this list. He provided links that may or not be relevant,
comments about them are useful, discussions about religion have no place
in this list!

Re: [SUSPICIOUS MESSAGE] Re: Problems with Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.4_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US

Mike Shearer
Exactly!  He can discuss OO without proselytising his religion.  I also
find it offensive, intrusive and irritating.

Mike Shearer

On 18/11/2017 9:41 am, John Hart wrote:

> On 11/17/2017 5:11 AM, James Knott wrote:
>>> God bless you!
>> I find that offensive.  Religion is delusion, which has no place in the
>> real world.
> Just because you have a defective concept of God, is no reason for
> starting
> a flame war on this list. He provided links that may or not be relevant,
> comments about them are useful, discussions about religion have no
> place in this list!

Re: [SUSPICIOUS MESSAGE] Re: Problems with Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.4_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US

Howard Blum
If this religious injection does not stop, I find it sufficiently offensive
to totally walk away from this discussion group.

Please purge that Muslim evangelist out of this group for his offensive
post.

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 4:32 PM, Mike <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Exactly!  He can discuss OO without proselytising his religion.  I also
> find it offensive, intrusive and irritating.
>
> Mike Shearer
>
> On 18/11/2017 9:41 am, John Hart wrote:
>
>> On 11/17/2017 5:11 AM, James Knott wrote:
>>
>>> God bless you!
>>>>
>>> I find that offensive.  Religion is delusion, which has no place in the
>>> real world.
>>>
>> Just because you have a defective concept of God, is no reason for
>> starting
>> a flame war on this list. He provided links that may or not be relevant,
>> comments about them are useful, discussions about religion have no place
>> in this list!

Howard Blum
Pro Mobile Notary
PO Box 834
Novato, CA 94948
415-898-4130
http://pro-mobile-notary.com

Re: [SUSPICIOUS MESSAGE] Re: Problems with Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.4_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US

Andrew Pitonyak
Obviously he has that as a signature for all outgoing email... There is almost nothing of substance that someone won't find offensive, including open office. Your only remedy is probably too have the list automatically remove all signatures.

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​

On Nov 17, 2017, 7:32 PM, at 7:32 PM, Mike <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Exactly!  He can discuss OO without proselytising his religion.  I also
>
>find it offensive, intrusive and irritating.
>
>Mike Shearer

>>> I find that offensive.  Religion is delusion, which has no place in
>the
>>> real world.
>> Just because you have a defective concept of God, is no reason for
>> starting
>> a flame war on this list. He provided links that may or not be
>relevant,
>> comments about them are useful, discussions about religion have no
>> place in this list!

Re: [SUSPICIOUS MESSAGE] Re: Problems with Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.4_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US

Andrew Pitonyak
Please stop trolling. If you don't like it take it up with moderators. You are wasting bandwidth.

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​

On Nov 17, 2017, 8:00 PM, at 8:00 PM, Howard Blum <[hidden email]> wrote:

>If this religious injection does not stop, I find it sufficiently
>offensive
>to totally walk away from this discussion group.
>
>Please purge that Muslim evangelist out of this group for his offensive
>post.
>
>On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 4:32 PM, Mike <[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>
>> Exactly!  He can discuss OO without proselytising his religion.  I
>also
>> find it offensive, intrusive and irritating.
>>
>> Mike Shearer

>the
>>>>
>>> Just because you have a defective concept of God, is no reason for
>>> starting
>>> a flame war on this list. He provided links that may or not be
>relevant,
>>> comments about them are useful, discussions about religion have no
>place
>>> in this list!

>--
>Howard Blum
>Pro Mobile Notary
>PO Box 834
>Novato, CA 94948
>415-898-4130
>http://pro-mobile-notary.com

Re: [SUSPICIOUS MESSAGE]

Julian Thomas

> On Nov 17, 2017, at 20:00, Howard Blum <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Please purge that Muslim evangelist out of this group for his offensive
> post.

I fully agree that this list [like most if not all technical lists] is NOT the place for religious discussions, but please let’s stay polite and civilized.

----
Julian Thomas   - http://jt-mj.net

Since when do we have to agree with people to defend them from injustice? - Lillian Hellman

Re: [SUSPICIOUS MESSAGE] Re: Problems with Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.4_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US

Elaine-2
Religion, politics and anything to add to those have no business in a tech forum.

The best job goes to the person who can get it done without passing the buck or coming back with excuses. ~~ Napoleon Hill

If this religious injection does not stop, I find it sufficiently offensive
to totally walk away from this discussion group.

Please purge that Muslim evangelist out of this group for his offensive
post.

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 4:32 PM, Mike <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Exactly!  He can discuss OO without proselytising his religion.  I also
> find it offensive, intrusive and irritating.
>
> Mike Shearer
>
> On 18/11/2017 9:41 am, John Hart wrote:
>
>> On 11/17/2017 5:11 AM, James Knott wrote:
>>
>>> God bless you!
>>>>
>>> I find that offensive.  Religion is delusion, which has no place in the
>>> real world.
>>>
>> Just because you have a defective concept of God, is no reason for
>> starting
>> a flame war on this list. He provided links that may or not be relevant,
>> comments about them are useful, discussions about religion have no place
>> in this list!

Howard Blum
Pro Mobile Notary
PO Box 834
Novato, CA 94948
415-898-4130
http://pro-mobile-notary.com

On 11/17/2017 06:41 PM, John Hart wrote:
> discussions about religion have no place in this list!

And that is why he shouldn't have included his comment in the first place!

Re: [SUSPICIOUS MESSAGE] Re: Problems with Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.4_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US

James Knott
+1

On 11/17/2017 07:32 PM, Mike wrote:

> Exactly!  He can discuss OO without proselytising his religion.  I
> also find it offensive, intrusive and irritating.
>
> Mike Shearer

>>> I find that offensive.  Religion is delusion, which has no place in the
>>> real world.
>> Just because you have a defective concept of God, is no reason for
>> starting
>> a flame war on this list. He provided links that may or not be relevant,
>> comments about them are useful, discussions about religion have no
>> place in this list!

Re: [SUSPICIOUS MESSAGE]

Dave Fisher
Hi -

Be civilized. OpenOffice is used worldwide. The individual is truly trying to be helpful and different cultures have different manners.

Best Regards, Shalom, and Salaam,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 17, 2017, at 5:33 PM, Julian Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On Nov 17, 2017, at 20:00, Howard Blum <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Please purge that Muslim evangelist out of this group for his offensive
>> post.
>
> I fully agree that this list [like most if not all technical lists] is NOT the place for religious discussions, but please let’s stay polite and civilized.
>
> ----
> Julian Thomas   - http://jt-mj.net
>
> Since when do we have to agree with people to defend them from injustice? - Lillian Hellman

Re: Problems with Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.4_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US

Larry Gusaas-4
On 2017-11-17, 8:17 PM James Knott wrote:

> On 11/17/2017 06:41 PM, John Hart wrote:
>> discussions about religion have no place in this list!
> And that is why he shouldn't have included his comment in the first place!

Jeez! All this vitriol being spewed out by those intolerant bigots who think ending a message
with "hope that help, God bless you!" is offensive.

Heil the intolerant ones.

--
_________________________________

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com

Re: Problems with Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.4_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US

Andrea Pescetti-2
On 17/11/2017 James Knott wrote:
> On 11/16/2017 07:28 PM, Chuck Davis wrote:
>> I just installed yesterday on openSUSE Tumbleweed with no problems.
> I'm on Leap 42.3.

Coming back to the original technical issue...

We only sign the .tar.gz archive and signatures are in the .asc file
corresponding to the archive you downloaded. So in your case the
signature could be verified this way:
1. Download
http://archive.apache.org/dist/openoffice/4.1.4/binaries/en-US/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.4_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US.tar.gz.asc
2. Run gpg --verify
Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.4_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US.tar.gz.asc

This will let you verify the GPG signatures; it will probably still give
you warnings and errors if you haven't imported the keys, but we can
discuss this separately in case.

Now coming to your issue, it seems that the software you are using for
the installation is instead demanding that the individual RPM packages
within the archive are signed, which is not the case (as we sign the
archive as a whole).

What command do you use for installation? RPM directly, something like
"rpm -Uvh *.rpm"? Or some interface to it? There is probably some
setting that you should disable in order for it to trust "unsigned"
packages (again, ours ARE signed; just, we sign the archive but not the
individual packages).

Regards,
   Andrea.

12