Problems with bullets

Roberto Demarchi
When I import a document from MS Word I cannot see the bullets.
I have read this can be a problem of opensymbol fonts.
Questions:
The problem is related to the opensymbol fonts?
Where can get this font ?

Thanks

--
Roberto Demarchi

Re: Problems with bullets

G. Roderick Singleton-2
On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 10:25 +0100, Roberto Demarchi wrote:
> When I import a document from MS Word I cannot see the bullets.
> I have read this can be a problem of opensymbol fonts.
> Questions:
> The problem is related to the opensymbol fonts?
> Where can get this font ?

File > Wizard > Install fonts from the web...
--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead

Re: Problems with bullets

CPHennessy
On Tue November 22 2005 09:25, Roberto Demarchi wrote:
> When I import a document from MS Word I cannot see the bullets.
> I have read this can be a problem of opensymbol fonts.
> Questions:
> The problem is related to the opensymbol fonts?
> Where can get this font ?

Which version of OOo are you using ?
The font should generally be installed by OOo.

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ

Re: Problems with bullets

Roberto Demarchi
I'm using OOo 2.0 RC3

Thanks

Roberto

On Mon November 28 2005 09:15, Roberto Demarchi wrote:

> I'm using OOo 2.0 RC3
>
> Thanks
>
> Roberto
>
> CPHennessy wrote:
> >On Tue November 22 2005 09:25, Roberto Demarchi wrote:
> >>When I import a document from MS Word I cannot see the bullets.
> >>I have read this can be a problem of opensymbol fonts.
> >>Questions:
> >>The problem is related to the opensymbol fonts?
> >>Where can get this font ?
> >
> >Which version of OOo are you using ?
> >The font should generally be installed by OOo.

The font is called opensymbol___.ttf ( or similar). You may be able to install
it using "File" -> "Wizard" -> "Install Font".

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ

Re: Problems with bullets

Roberto Demarchi
I tried to install with the wizard, but there is no opensymbol____.ttf
or similar font file in the list of fonts to be downloaded.
I the opensymbol is the correct font to install in order to see
correctly the bullets in a Ms Word document, then I just need to find it
somewhere.
Could you help?

Thanks a lot.

Roberto

On Tue November 29 2005 08:39, Roberto Demarchi wrote:
> I tried to install with the wizard, but there is no opensymbol____.ttf
> or similar font file in the list of fonts to be downloaded.
> I the opensymbol is the correct font to install in order to see
> correctly the bullets in a Ms Word document, then I just need to find it
> somewhere.
> Could you help?

Hi Roberto
 Strange, on my system this file is called opens___.ttf and is located
at : /usr/lib/ooo-2.0/share/fonts/truetype/opens___.ttf
Maybe you need to ask on Solaris specific forums.

On Sat, 2005-12-03 at 11:53 +0000, CPHennessy wrote:

> On Tue November 29 2005 08:39, Roberto Demarchi wrote:
> > I tried to install with the wizard, but there is no opensymbol____.ttf
> > or similar font file in the list of fonts to be downloaded.
> > I the opensymbol is the correct font to install in order to see
> > correctly the bullets in a Ms Word document, then I just need to find it
> > somewhere.
> > Could you help?
>
> Hi Roberto
>  Strange, on my system this file is called opens___.ttf and is located
> at : /usr/lib/ooo-2.0/share/fonts/truetype/opens___.ttf
> Maybe you need to ask on Solaris specific forums.

I think it more likely, depending on the release of Solaris, that the
TTF needs to be converted to something that Solaris can use. Perhaps
postscript?
--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead
http://documentation.openoffice.org/

Re: Problems with bullets

Roberto Demarchi
Thanks,
now I know the correct font to install.
But if I use the wizard, I cannot find this font, and  I don't know
where to find it. Im using OOo on a Mac.
Could you help ? (I hope it is the last time!!)

Roberto