Problems with installing open office on the MacBook Air

Problems with installing open office on the MacBook Air

Alla Kristina Lozenko
Hello,

I have just bought a macbook air 2018 model and it does not allow me to install the open office saying that it has been downloaded from the unknown source (I downloaded it from your website). It says that Apple allows to download only from App Store and from the verified sources..

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks a lot
Alla

Re: Problems with installing open office on the MacBook Air

Larry Gusaas-4
On 2019-08-05 9:46 a.m., Alla Kristina Lozenko wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have just bought a macbook air 2018 model and it does not allow me to install the open office saying that it has been downloaded from the unknown source (I downloaded it from your website). It says that Apple allows to download only from App Store and from the verified sources..
>
> How can I solve this problem?
>
> Thanks a lot
> Alla

If you had read the release notes at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.6+Release+Notes#AOO4.1.6ReleaseNotes-FormacOSusers
you would have seen this:

          For macOS users

      * Apache OpenOffice 4.1.6 will be flagged by the Gatekeeper facility in macOS. This is a
        feature to help guard against malware on macOS systems.
          o For OS X up to 10.11 "El Capitan": There is a procedure laid out at the following
            link to allow applications not installed from the Mac App store to run. See theMac
            support article <https://support.apple.com/kb/HT5290>.
          o For macOS 10.12 "Sierra" (/and newer)/: In Finder, Control-click or right click the
            icon of the app. Select Open from the top of contextual menu that appears. Click
            Open in the dialog box. If prompted, enter an administrator name and password. This
            is needed just the first time you launch Apache OpenOffice.

--
As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this reply to you as well as to the mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at <[hidden email]> - replies to my personal email address will be ignored.

Since you are not subscribed to this list you may not see all the replies to your query.To subscribe Apache OpenOffice mailing lists go to

_________________________________

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com

Re: Problems with installing open office on the MacBook Air

Steven Ahlers
This is an issue with the Gatekeeper to prevent malware installation. OpenOffice downloaded from
https://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html
Is safe. Please read the instructions at the above address or look at the information at Apple Help on Gatekeeper.

The simplest and safest way to get around the Gatekeeper has been to Right Click (Control Click) on the OpenOffice icon and follow the instructions to allow the program to run.

If you have any further questions please address them to the users list address:
[hidden email]

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 5, 2019, at 10:46 AM, Alla Kristina Lozenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have just bought a macbook air 2018 model and it does not allow me to install the open office saying that it has been downloaded from the unknown source (I downloaded it from your website). It says that Apple allows to download only from App Store and from the verified sources..
>
> How can I solve this problem?
>
> Thanks a lot
> Alla

Re: Problems with installing open office on the MacBook Air

Alla Kristina Lozenko
Thank you very much. I solved it. God bless you all.

пн, 5 серп. 2019 о 18:36 Steven Ahlers <[hidden email]> пише: