Program not responding

Barbara Lampkin

I have just installed apache open office  4.1.7 on my laptop.  I had the open office program 4.1.3 and my documents came over to the new version but I cannot open any of the documents.  Whenever I try opening a document, it is locked  and I get a message - how do you want to open this file?    I don't understand this.  In this box are two things  -   Look for an app in the Microsoft store or  always use this app to open with.odt# files
It also tells me that the program is not responding.  Can you possibly help me with this problem?..

Thank you!!  Barbara at [hidden email]
Sent from my iPad