Project management

Roel Ocampo
Hi

Do you have a program similar to Microsoft Project?

Thanks

Re: Project management

Rory O'Farrell
On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 11:04:05 -0600
Roel Ocampo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Do you have a program similar to Microsoft Project?
>

> Thanks

No - try OpenProj.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Project management

jonathon-3
On 1/8/19 5:04 PM, Roel Ocampo wrote:

> Do you have a program similar to Microsoft Project?

Not really.

There are a couple of templates that provide aspects of Project
Management.

Dig into the following URLs, and you might find something useful for
your specific scenario:
*
https://extensions.libreoffice.org/@@search?SearchableText=project+management
* https://templates.openoffice.org/en/search?query=project+management

I ended up creating my own set of around 100 Project Management
Templates. For various reasons, they can not be publicly distributed.
Some of them even generate the same type of pretty picture that
Microsoft Project generates.

Little known fact. Gantt charts were originally devised to present
management with pretty pictures. They were not used to show where the
project was going, but rather, where it has been.

Despite the plethora of project management tools, most projects are
either terminated in mid-stream, or come in over-budget,late, and
lacking specific criteria that were in the original specifications.

jonathon