Proofreader: intercept Ignore

William Colen
Hi,

Is there a way to intercept when the user clicks ignore button?
I'm implementing usage feedback in Cogroo grammar checker, and know when the
user ignore an error would be a very nice feedback.

Thanks
William

Re: Proofreader: intercept Ignore

Thomas Lange - Oracle
Hi William,

On 09.09.2010 18:53, William Colen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to intercept when the user clicks ignore button?
> I'm implementing usage feedback in Cogroo grammar checker, and know when the
> user ignore an error would be a very nice feedback.

 From the linguistic API and spell check dialog side of things: no.

However we do have usage tracking. But I don't exactly know how that is
implemented. And I suppose it won't gather extra data like e.g. the
word/error that is being ignored.

Regards,
Thomas

Re: Proofreader: intercept Ignore

Marcin Miłkowski
Hi William,

W dniu 2010-09-10 07:43, Thomas Lange pisze:

> Hi William,
>
> On 09.09.2010 18:53, William Colen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a way to intercept when the user clicks ignore button?
>> I'm implementing usage feedback in Cogroo grammar checker, and know
>> when the
>> user ignore an error would be a very nice feedback.
>
>  From the linguistic API and spell check dialog side of things: no.

Well, you do get info when the user says "Ignore rule", it gets routed
via API to your checker. It's better than nothing, though "ignore once"
cannot be intercepted at all...

Regards
Marcin

Re: Proofreader: intercept Ignore

William Colen
Thanks, Thomas and Marcin,

What if I add to the context menu a "Ignore once and report" entry? I could
generate the report, and after that somehow call the standard "Ignore once".

I don't know it if is possible to implement that:
1. I should add "Ignore once and report" to the context menu only if there
is a grammar error. Are there any property that could point that?
2. How to programmatically call "Ignore once"?

Thanks
William

On 10.09.2010 17:14, William Colen wrote:

> Thanks, Thomas and Marcin,
>
> What if I add to the context menu a "Ignore once and report" entry? I could
> generate the report, and after that somehow call the standard "Ignore once".
>
> I don't know it if is possible to implement that:
> 1. I should add "Ignore once and report" to the context menu only if there
> is a grammar error. Are there any property that could point that?

This is possible. The concept is called context menu interception. See
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Framework/Tutorial/Context_Menu_Interception
The dialog 'id' you want to intercept is named
"private:resource/GrammarContextMenu".

The amount of code required isn't exactly small though. (Some similar
C++ code for example is about 1000 lines, i.e. 25k including comments) :-(

> 2. How to programmatically call "Ignore once"?

Unfortunately I was just told that this is impossible. It is not allowed
to make other calls to the Excute function of the context menu while the
current code itself is within that Execute. :-(

Thomas