[PyUNO] NumberingRules replace

AlterAnthony
Dear sirs,

I am using the PyUNO bridge as part of a project I'm working on at my
university (Faculty of Electrical Engineernig and Computing,
University of Zagreb). It's a set of MediaWiki extensions that should
enable the users to collaborate on the presentation creation and
editing using the MediaWiki framework. As an editing tool, I'm using
OpenOffice.org and several custom Python scripts that interact with
OpenOffice.org through the PyUNO bridge.

The problem that I have recently encountered is one that is mentioned
on your FAQ, namely "Why can't I do a replace on the 'NumberingRules'
object ?". The workaround that you mention on the page (uno.invoke() +
uno.Any()) doesn't seem to
work so I was wondering if there was a way to get the replacing on the
NumberingRules working?

I am using Python 2.5.2 and OpenOffice.org 2.4 but I have also tried
it with OpenOffice.org 3.1 (and the bundled version of Python) with the same result
(IllegalArgumentException).

I would be very thankful for any help you could provide. Thank you in
advance...

Kind regards,
Antonio

--
([hidden email])

Re: [PyUNO] NumberingRules replace

Joerg Budischewski
Hi,

> The problem that I have recently encountered is one that is mentioned
> on your FAQ, namely "Why can't I do a replace on the 'NumberingRules'
> object ?". The workaround that you mention on the page (uno.invoke() +
> uno.Any()) doesn't seem to
> work so I was wondering if there was a way to get the replacing on the
> NumberingRules working?
>
> I am using Python 2.5.2 and OpenOffice.org 2.4 but I have also tried
> it with OpenOffice.org 3.1 (and the bundled version of Python) with the same result
> (IllegalArgumentException).
the code in the FAQ still works for me with OOo3.1 with the bundled
python on windows. Did you try this code, or do you have problems with
your self written code ? In the latter case, strip your problem down to
some minimal lines of code and create an issue for it.

Bye,

Joerg