[QA] Testlink Guest Account

Buddy Matula
Hi,

My name is Theodore Matula and I would like to start running test cases on
TestLink. I already made an account, but my account only has Guest
privileges. Do I have to request for test cases to be assigned to me? Any
advice on the next steps would be appreciated. My TestLink username is
buddymatula incase it is needed.

Sincerely,

Theodore Matula

RE: [QA] Testlink Guest Account

Dennis E. Hamilton
Great questions!

 1. We don't assign test cases to people, generally.  Generally, QA contributors select bugzilla issues and assign to themselves as QA person so that others know someone has raised their hand.

 2.There has not been any updating of TestLink since 2014-08-15 and the latest test is AOOTest-2186 created on 2014-04-22.

Here's the description:

   This Projekt is only a playground to find out what is possible
   with testlink and what not, and how we manage this tool.

Others can indicate (1) who is administering the AOOTest account on the TestLink site and also (2) how we coordinate between that and the bugzilla.

In any case, the format recommended for Test Cases should be honored, whether or not they are posted to TestLink.  Ideally, test cases would be compiled on Wiki pages belonging to the project, so that their archival preservation is assured.  Let's see who knows more about this.

 - Dennis

Theodore,

What little I have turned up suggests that the TestLink system is *not* being used.

The format for TestLink test cases is useful.  But that account is not being maintained.

That leaves open the question of where to put defined test cases on an ASF-supported system, such as one of the Apache OpenOffice wikis.

Suggestions and some initiative on those lines are welcome.

 - Dennis