QA Volunteer

sharmistha guha
Hi,

I am a QA engineer and would like to contribute to Apache projects. I have
4 years of QA experience.

Please let me know how I can be of help to Apache projects.

Thanks
Sharmistha Guha.

What can be done when interested in Quality Assurance. (was: QA Volunteer)

Peter Kovacs-4
Welcome Sharmistha,

I have noted following Tasks to do, from my own thoughts and what I am
aware that had been called.

1) Bugzilla

1.1) uncomirmed Bug reports for evaluation.

Not sure if the List is accessible to anyone, but you can try this link.

https://bz.apache.org/ooo/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&list_id=236868&namedcmd=unconfirmed

1.2) recheck old Bugzilla reports if they still apply.

Dont know if someone has considered this, but we have a lot of confirmed
Bugs. I am not sure if they are all really open.

2)We are still in the preparation of a new Maintenance Release 4.1.6.
First builds are already done, so you could have a look and make
familiar with testing OpenOffice.

There will be a call for testing.

2.1) The same is true for 4.2.0, but there some issues have to be fixed
first before we can give this to testers. But then you are already aware
that something is coming in the next month.

3)We have Test cases on the Wiki. I do not know in what completeness or
shape they are. Maybe someone else can elaborate?

4) call for testing for the Icons on Windows (or ist this tested
successfully? - I am unsure at the moment.)

(@ All) Anything more what can be done as interest QA?

All the Best

Peter