Question - Chinese Input Method

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Question - Chinese Input Method

Peter Chow
 This may sounded like a very 'stupid' question, but how do you involve
'Chinese Input' in OpenOffice? I am using SUSE V10 and have installed SCIM.
It is working with KATE or other type of apps. But when I call up Write or
other OpeneOffice apps, the input method screen isn't there or pop'ed up.
I've read the short manual and FAQ on the website and selected
'options|language' type configuration, but none helped.
 Please let me know. Also, is IIIMP used instead of SCIM?
 Thanks in advance.
 Peter Chow
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Question - Chinese Input Method

CPHennessy
On Mon November 14 2005 06:01, + Peter Chow wrote:
>  This may sounded like a very 'stupid' question, but how do you involve
> 'Chinese Input' in OpenOffice? I am using SUSE V10 and have installed SCIM.
> It is working with KATE or other type of apps. But when I call up Write or
> other OpeneOffice apps, the input method screen isn't there or pop'ed up.
> I've read the short manual and FAQ on the website and selected
> 'options|language' type configuration, but none helped.
>  Please let me know. Also, is IIIMP used instead of SCIM?

Hi Peter,
 Maybe ask on the Chinese list http://zh.openoffice.org ?

Please reply to [hidden email] only

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

Maybe your question has been answered already?
                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Question - Chinese Input Method

Peter Chow
Thank you. I am trying. However, I do need help.

On 11/17/05, CPHennessy <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> On Mon November 14 2005 06:01, + Peter Chow wrote:
> > This may sounded like a very 'stupid' question, but how do you involve
> > 'Chinese Input' in OpenOffice? I am using SUSE V10 and have installed
> SCIM.
> > It is working with KATE or other type of apps. But when I call up Write
> or
> > other OpeneOffice apps, the input method screen isn't there or pop'ed
> up.
> > I've read the short manual and FAQ on the website and selected
> > 'options|language' type configuration, but none helped.
> > Please let me know. Also, is IIIMP used instead of SCIM?
>
> Hi Peter,
> Maybe ask on the Chinese list http://zh.openoffice.org ?
>
> Please reply to [hidden email] only
>
> --
> CPH : openoffice.org <http://openoffice.org> contributor
>
> Maybe your question has been answered already?
>  http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ
>