Question about 4.1.8 Release Notes

Czesław Wolański
Hi,

Release Notes: section "Known Issues" ---> "For Mac Users"
bulleted list, last item of the 2nd level:
"Due to a known bug in Oracle Java installations of Apache OpenOffice on
OSX [...]".

In 4.1.3 and 4.1.4 Release Notes that item was the main level item i.e. not
under "Apache OpenOffice 4.1.x will be flagged [...]".
It was demoted as of Release Notes for AOO 4.1.5.

In 4.1.8 Release Notes (Dutch) one can see it as the main level item.

I am macOS-illiterate.  Will "a known bug in Oracle Java installations of
Apache OpenOffice on OSX [...]"
be a reason for the Gatekeeper to flag AOO? If the answer is NO, then the
item in question should be promoted.

A juxtaposition of Release Notes' excerpts is available at the following
link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QFc8eIS6hwCbzjYr3ZEOxbGSUNElw0P9/view?usp=sharing

Regards,
Czesław

Re: Question about 4.1.8 Release Notes

Larry Gusaas-4
On 2020-11-12 12:07 a.m., Czesław Wolański wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Release Notes: section "Known Issues" ---> "For Mac Users"
> bulleted list, last item of the 2nd level:
> "Due to a known bug in Oracle Java installations of Apache OpenOffice on
> OSX [...]".
>

> In 4.1.3 and 4.1.4 Release Notes that item was the main level item i.e. not
> under "Apache OpenOffice 4.1.x will be flagged [...]".
> It was demoted as of Release Notes for AOO 4.1.5.
>
> In 4.1.8 Release Notes (Dutch) one can see it as the main level item.
>
> I am macOS-illiterate.  Will "a known bug in Oracle Java installations of
> Apache OpenOffice on OSX [...]"
> be a reason for the Gatekeeper to flag AOO? If the answer is NO, then the
> item in question should be promoted.

The Java issue is not related to Gatekeeper. It is a separate issue and should be at the main
level.

--
_________________________________

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com

Re: Question about 4.1.8 Release Notes

Marcus (OOo)
Am 12.11.20 um 08:15 schrieb Larry Gusaas:

> On 2020-11-12 12:07 a.m., Czesław Wolański wrote:
>>
>> Release Notes: section "Known Issues" ---> "For Mac Users"
>> bulleted list, last item of the 2nd level:
>> "Due to a known bug in Oracle Java installations of Apache OpenOffice on
>> OSX [...]".
>>

>> In 4.1.3 and 4.1.4 Release Notes that item was the main level item
>> i.e. not
>> under "Apache OpenOffice 4.1.x will be flagged [...]".
>> It was demoted as of Release Notes for AOO 4.1.5.
>>
>> In 4.1.8 Release Notes (Dutch) one can see it as the main level item.
>>
>> I am macOS-illiterate.  Will "a known bug in Oracle Java installations of
>> Apache OpenOffice on OSX [...]"
>> be a reason for the Gatekeeper to flag AOO? If the answer is NO, then the
>> item in question should be promoted.
>

> The Java issue is not related to Gatekeeper. It is a separate issue and
> should be at the main level.

thanks for the hint, it's fixed now.

I remember that it was on the main level. Maybe it got shifted to the
right somewhen in the preparation.

Marcus