Question about Calc

Herbert Gnaś
Hello,

I am making a chart in the Calc program, how to make the values visible on
the chart?

Regards,
Herbert Gnaś

Re: Question about Calc

Brian Barker
At 19:44 26/08/2017 +0200, Herbert Gnas wrote:
>I am making a chart in the Calc program, how to make the values
>visible on the chart?

Do you mean values on the axes? It is difficult to create a chart
without these.

Or do you mean that you want individual data points labelled with their value?

o Double-click the chart to select it - so that it has the grey
surround, not the eight coloured handles.
o Go to Insert | Data Labels... and make your choices.

Alternatively, you can right-click one of the points and go to Insert
Data Labels and then similarly to Format Data Labels... .

Have you read Chapter 3 "Creating Charts and Graphs" of the Calc Guide? See
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/OOo3.3_User_Guide_Chapters
.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: Question about Calc

Joost Andrae-2
Hello Herbert,

select a cell range (all the cells you want to have within your chart)
containing some data (including textual headers of the columns and rows,
like within the example below)

                Apples Bananas
Monday 1,00 € 2,00 €
Tuesday 4,00 € 4,00 €
Wednesday 3,00 € 5,00 €
Thursday 5,00 € 2,00 €
Friday 4,00 € 4,00 €
Saturday 3,00 € 3,00 €

Then click the chart symbol within the symbol panel or select menu item
/Insert/Chart (in the German localization it's called Diagramm)

Within the chart dialog you can select the chart type, the data range
and you can define if you want to have the data visualized in rows or in
columns. You may also define a title, sub title, and the description of
the x or the y axis. After finishing the dialog by selecting the finish
button you have an embedded chart object within your document.

When double clicking the embedded object you open this object within the
inplace mode where you can select each chart object to do some
formatting like changing the background colour and many more things.
(tip: select an item and do right mouse click)

Kind regards, Joost