Question about dictinaries license.

Hristo Hristov-5
Hi,
I  just have uploaded new release of our (Bulgarian) dictionaries.
I saw on the options of the extension (on the web) that information of the
license is only provided by combo box and I can selected only one type of
license.
I'm asking this because the author of the dictionaries had changed the license
form GPL to GPL, LGPL and MPL.
Also is it possible now Bulgarian dictionary extension to be included in the BG
language pack when they are licensed by three types? Or I have to ask for this
in other mail list?

Hristo Simeonov Hristov
Leader of OpenOffice.org - Bulgarian
GnuPG key 0xD0D895EB: 0282 D8D0 90D3 963F E57E B0A7 2670 88D9 D0D8 95EB

Re: Question about dictinaries license.

Thomas Lange - Oracle
Hi Hristo,

> Hi,
> I  just have uploaded new release of our (Bulgarian) dictionaries.
> I saw on the options of the extension (on the web) that information of the
> license is only provided by combo box and I can selected only one type of
> license.
> I'm asking this because the author of the dictionaries had changed the license
> form GPL to GPL, LGPL and MPL.

Yes, only one text can be displayed.
Of course it would be possible to paste all three license texts into a
single text document and then display that one.

> Also is it possible now Bulgarian dictionary extension to be included in the BG
> language pack when they are licensed by three types? Or I have to ask for this
> in other mail list?

There should be no problem if just other licenses were added as well
since GPL is still among them (and it will be fine if at least one
suitable license is supplied).
@MH: Please correct me if I'm wrong.

However there is one thing to keep in mind:
A license text is NOT displayed when the dictionary is part of the
installation set. This is because popping up license text dialogs of
extensions may spells trouble during installation of the office. Thus
for all dictionaries in our source code the license information in the
description.xml gets disabled. The license texts will still be part of
the extension and can be found on the hard drive later on. They just
don't get displayed.

And since language packs use the very same dictionaries from our source
code there will also be no license text displayed when a language pack
gets installed.

Thomas