Question about security

ergonomic.code
Why OpenOffice needs to access these programs?
In the screenshot I have that removal.

Re: Question about security

jonathon-3

On 11/07/2017 12:18 PM, ergonomic.code wrote:
> Why OpenOffice needs to access these programs?

Which programs?

> In the screenshot I have that removal.

Attachments are automatically stripped from messages sent to this list.

jonathon

Re: Question about security

Dave-5
On 07.11.2017 13:56, jonathon wrote:
> On 11/07/2017 12:18 PM, ergonomic.code wrote:
>> Why OpenOffice needs to access these programs?
> Which programs?
>
>> In the screenshot I have that removal.
> Attachments are automatically stripped from messages sent to this list.
>
> jonathon

The OP removed screen capture shows the 4.1.4 installation dialog asking
to close:

  * Cent Browser
  * Visual Studio Code

The installation is not accessing these programs, it is asking for them
to be closed during installation, which suggests that they are holding
open resources on your computer that it needs to properly complete the
installation.

Provided you started the installation program download from:
http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html there is no security
issue. If you wish to confirm you have downloaded a clean copy of the
software you can test the checksums here:
https://www.openoffice.org/download/checksums.html

Dave

never be read.