Question for Tech Support

Steve Marder
Dear Tech Support,

I am a new user of OpenOffice, having become increasing frustrated with Microsoft Word (for the Mac) over the years. As such, I am still very much in the learning stage but what I’ve seen so far of your program I like very much. One thing I haven’t been able to work out, though, assuming it exists in OpenOffice, is how to do a split screen in the text processor. I would’ve expected to find this in  the “View” menu or on the vertical scroll bar, but haven’t found it. Am I looking for something that isn’t there or is there a way to split the screen when entering text into a document? TIA.

Regards,

Steve Marder

Re: Question for Tech Support

Steven Ahlers
Steve,

We are all users just like you. You very seldom get “tech support” with free, open source, software; unless you pay for it.

When you say split screen do you mean 2 consecutive pages side by side? Do you mean 2 different documents side by side? Do you mean 2 different locations within the same document?

As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this message to you. If you’re not subscribed to to the users group you may not see all of the responses to your question. Please send any further information or questions to: [hidden email] so that all users can assist you.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 11, 2020, at 5:28 PM, Steve Marder <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear Tech Support,
>
> I am a new user of OpenOffice, having become increasing frustrated with Microsoft Word (for the Mac) over the years. As such, I am still very much in the learning stage but what I’ve seen so far of your program I like very much. One thing I haven’t been able to work out, though, assuming it exists in OpenOffice, is how to do a split screen in the text processor. I would’ve expected to find this in  the “View” menu or on the vertical scroll bar, but haven’t found it. Am I looking for something that isn’t there or is there a way to split the screen when entering text into a document? TIA.
>
> Regards,
>
> Steve Marder

Re: Question for Tech Support

Martin Groenescheij

On 11/07/2020 23:49, Steve Marder wrote:
> Dear Tech Support,
>
> I am a new user of OpenOffice, having become increasing frustrated with Microsoft Word (for the Mac) over the years. As such, I am still very much in the learning stage but what I’ve seen so far of your program I like very much. One thing I haven’t been able to work out, though, assuming it exists in OpenOffice, is how to do a split screen in the text processor.

I don't know what the purpose of your question is, but if for example to
have one part
displaying page 1 and in the other part editing page 20 that could be
achieved by:

In the open writer document go to Windows in the top menu and select New
Window now
you have two windows of the same document and are able to scroll on both
windows to
two different pages in the same document.

> I would’ve expected to find this in  the “View” menu or on the vertical scroll bar, but haven’t found it. Am I looking for something that isn’t there or is there a way to split the screen when entering text into a document? TIA.
>
> Regards,
>
> Steve Marder

Re: Question for Tech Support

Steven Ahlers
Forwarding to user’s group.

It seems that you have a satisfactory answer.

Sent from my iPhone