Question

Jean SUZINEAU
Hello,

I 'm about to release under LGPL a library which uses Open Office and I
would like to get some advices before publishing it.

This library allows to access OpenOffice through Ole automation from a
program written with Borland Delphi.
Furthermore, it allows to generate ".odt" text documents from a delphi
dataset object.
The ".odt" is generated from an ".ott" template which can be customized
by the end user, by the mean of user variables and predefined styles
(one for each column in the text tables).
The ".ott" is generated by the library upon first execution.

I would like to release this library under the LGPL licence.
I contact you to get some advices before publishing this work.

I named the package "OpenOfficeReport" but may be I should give it
another name ?. For now I don't find any other program with this name on
the web.
What is the best mean to publish this work ? For now I think I'm going
to open a new project on SourceForge.

For now you can download this library from a confidential url :
http://mars42.com/OpenOfficeReport/OpenOfficeReport_source.zip  for the
source code
http://mars42.com/OpenOfficeReport/OpenOfficeReport.zip for the compiled
executables
(the executables need Delphi 7 standard libraries, but I did not include
them)

I work both as freelance and as employee for Batpro (
http://www.batpro.com/ ), a small company in Toulouse, France.
I use this library since autumn 2004 to produce various documents like
invoices from delphi programs.

Yours sincerely,
Jean SUZINEAU

--
hier est ailleurs. ici est maintenant.

http://www.mars42.com :  mes pages professionnelles, astronomie & informatique

Re: Question

CPHennessy
Hi Jean,

On Fri November 11 2005 18:35, Jean SUZINEAU wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I 'm about to release under LGPL a library which uses Open Office and I
> would like to get some advices before publishing it.
>
> This library allows to access OpenOffice through Ole automation from a
> program written with Borland Delphi.
> Furthermore, it allows to generate ".odt" text documents from a delphi
> dataset object.
> The ".odt" is generated from an ".ott" template which can be customized
> by the end user, by the mean of user variables and predefined styles
> (one for each column in the text tables).
> The ".ott" is generated by the library upon first execution.
>
> I would like to release this library under the LGPL licence.
> I contact you to get some advices before publishing this work.
>
> I named the package "OpenOfficeReport" but may be I should give it
> another name ?
It may be good to add "Delphi" to that name too ? Maybe
OOoDelphiReportEngine ?
> For now I don't find any other program with this name on
> the web.
> What is the best mean to publish this work ? For now I think I'm going
> to open a new project on SourceForge.
That seems like a reasonable way to go.

Note atht you should consider subscribing to the mailing list to see all

CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ