Question

Marius Popa-4
How to add the contents of Header/Footer for a left/right page because I did
not find any space for introducing the text in the mentioned fields.

Marius Popa

Re: Question

Peter Junge-2
Dear Marius,

how about adding a bit of politeness to your posts by including
salutations and regards?!

Apart from that, your concern is off-topic here at the discussion list,
but should rather be raised at [hidden email].

Kindest regards and Merry Christmas,
Peter

Marius Popa wrote:
> How to add the contents of Header/Footer for a left/right page because I did
> not find any space for introducing the text in the mentioned fields.

Re: Question

Marius Popa-4
I am really sorry, I had forgotten.

On 22 December 2010 08:18, Peter Junge <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Marius,
>
> how about adding a bit of politeness to your posts by including salutations
> and regards?!
>
> Apart from that, your concern is off-topic here at the discussion list, but
> should rather be raised at [hidden email].
>
> Kindest regards and Merry Christmas,
> Peter
>

> Marius Popa wrote:
>
>> How to add the contents of Header/Footer for a left/right page because I
>> did
>> not find any space for introducing the text in the mentioned fields.

Marius Popa

RE: Question

Peter Hyde
Hmmm, Is it really polite to reply to a question, but fail to give any
answer, rather just have a dig at the one asking for help?

O and by the way from a Christian, why do you wish a merry Christmas. Have a
look into the origins of Christmas, it was not when our Lord and saviour was
born, it is entirely of pagan origin, in fact it is one of the most God
dishonouring traditions around.

Kind Regards,

Peter.

Peter Hyde wrote:
> Hmmm, Is it really polite to reply to a question, but fail to give any
> answer, rather just have a dig at the one asking for help?

As I have explained to Marius, his concern doesn't belong here, but on
another mailing list. I'm certain he'll get his answer there, likely
even much quicker.

> O and by the way from a Christian, why do you wish a merry Christmas. Have a
> look into the origins of Christmas, it was not when our Lord and saviour was
> born, it is entirely of pagan origin, in fact it is one of the most God
> dishonouring traditions around.

Thanks a lot for your advice, but this is also completely off-topic here.

Best regards,
Peter

Michael Adams-2
On Wednesday 22 December 2010 19:18, Peter Junge wrote:
> Dear Marius,
I have replied on the users mailing list.

> how about adding a bit of politeness to your posts by including
> salutations and regards?!

Most of us here do try to reply to the question posed and add advice regarding
correction of netiquette more as an afterthought. It makes the reply at least
as civil as the question. The public OO.o ML membership tends to not be
familiar with netiquette guidelines. This and users lists are a public face
of OO.o. Berating newbies or their opinions can turn them away from both the
product and/or this customer support avenue. At a guess i'd say Marius does
not have English as his first language, though he has posted before. I am not
accusing you of personal attacks or flaming but your reply can be seen as
very abrupt - dev list style. 50% of newbies will react nagatively to such
replies.

Neither do i feel salutations are necesary on a moderate volume list as they
are OT. As is Christmas to 2/3 of the worlds population.

Cheers
--
Michael
Hermeticist

Re: Question

Tony Pursell
On Wed, 2010-12-22 at 08:04 +0200, Marius Popa wrote:
> How to add the contents of Header/Footer for a left/right page because I did
> not find any space for introducing the text in the mentioned fields.

Marius

It seems you have had all sorts of unhelpful comments!

Assuming you are in Writer, use Insert > Header > (default).  Then
Format > Page and go to the Header tab.  Uncheck 'Same content
left/right'.  What you now put in the Page 1 header will appear on all
Odd (left) pages and what you put in the Page 2 header will appear on
all Even (right) pages.

Same for Footers.

Tony

Re: Question

Zaphod Feeblejocks
So we firstly flame a guy for being second-language English and forgetting the conventions.

Then we flame him for not agreeing with our theology.

What's the point in that?

On 22 Dec 2010 at 18:08, Peter Hyde wrote:

> Hmmm, Is it really polite to reply to a question, but fail to give any
> answer, rather just have a dig at the one asking for help?
>
> O and by the way from a Christian, why do you wish a merry Christmas. Have a
> look into the origins of Christmas, it was not when our Lord and saviour was
> born, it is entirely of pagan origin, in fact it is one of the most God
> dishonouring traditions around.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Peter.

Re: Question

John W Kennedy-2
On Dec 22, 2010, at 2:08 AM, Peter Hyde wrote:
> O and by the way from a Christian,

"Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?"

--
John W Kennedy
"Information is light. Information, in itself, about anything, is light."