Question

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Question

Marius Popa-4
Hello! Happy New Year 2011! My name is Marius Popa, a user running the
latest rc of OpenOffice.org 3.3, and I want to know what happened to this
free suite, while LibreOffice.org is continuously developed. Thanks in
advance. Have a nice day!

--
Marius Popa
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Question

Frank Schönheit
Hello Marius,

> Hello! Happy New Year 2011! My name is Marius Popa, a user running the
> latest rc of OpenOffice.org 3.3, and I want to know what happened to this
> free suite, while LibreOffice.org is continuously developed.

It is continuously developed as well.

Sorry, what exactly is your question?

Ciao
Frank

--
ORACLE
Frank Schönheit | Software Engineer | [hidden email]
Oracle Office Productivity: http://www.oracle.com/office

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Question

Marius Popa-4
My question was: What happened to this free suite, while LibreOffice.org is
continuously developed?
Another question: When OpenOffice.org 3.3 will be finally released?
How can somebody access and use the AutoComplete function in Writer?

2011/1/4 Frank Schönheit <[hidden email]>

> Hello Marius,
>
> > Hello! Happy New Year 2011! My name is Marius Popa, a user running the
> > latest rc of OpenOffice.org 3.3, and I want to know what happened to this
> > free suite, while LibreOffice.org is continuously developed.
>
> It is continuously developed as well.
>
> Sorry, what exactly is your question?
>
> Ciao
> Frank
>
> --
> ORACLE
> Frank Schönheit | Software Engineer | [hidden email]
> Oracle Office Productivity: http://www.oracle.com/office
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>


--
Marius Popa
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Question

Barbara Duprey
On 1/4/2011 4:00 AM, Marius Popa wrote:
> My question was: What happened to this free suite, while LibreOffice.org is
> continuously developed?

Do you mean what impact is the LibreOffice development having on OOo development? I think the answer
is that some of the previous developers of OOo are now concentrating on LibO, some are contributing
to both, and some are staying strictly with OOo, based on their own personal preferences and who
they work for. But there's still an active development community working on OOo; it will continue to
be developed.

> Another question: When OpenOffice.org 3.3 will be finally released?

That depends on whether there are any "show stoppers" found in the most recent release candidate
(currently RC8). If not, QA will soon sign off on the release and it will be distributed as the new
stable version.

> How can somebody access and use the AutoComplete function in Writer?

I think you'll find what you need under Format > AutoCorrect > AutoCorrect Options, Word Completion tab.

> 2011/1/4 Frank Schönheit<[hidden email]>
>
>> Hello Marius,
>>
>>> Hello! Happy New Year 2011! My name is Marius Popa, a user running the
>>> latest rc of OpenOffice.org 3.3, and I want to know what happened to this
>>> free suite, while LibreOffice.org is continuously developed.
>> It is continuously developed as well.
>>
>> Sorry, what exactly is your question?
>>
>> Ciao
>> Frank
>>
>> --
>> ORACLE
>> Frank Schönheit | Software Engineer | [hidden email]
>> Oracle Office Productivity: http://www.oracle.com/office
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>
>>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]