Question

Heidi S
Hello, I recently installed OpenOffice on my computer and was wondering how to set this as the default by which documents open from the internet on my computer. As of now, when I open a file from online, the file attempts to open in Microsoft Office instead of OpenOffice. Thank  you  for the help, I appreciate it,
Heidi

Re: Question

zahra a
hi.
find and run openoffice installation file.
then select modify, make your desires and in one of the vizard, you
can select which kind of documents should be open by openoffice by
default.
these are include, microsoft word, excel and  powerpoint.
activate any of the checkboxes of these three group of files that you need.
continue the process until finish.
now, you can open your desire files with openoffice by default.
hope that help, God bless you.

On 9/23/17, Heidi S <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, I recently installed OpenOffice on my computer and was wondering how
> to set this as the default by which documents open from the internet on my
> computer. As of now, when I open a file from online, the file attempts to
> open in Microsoft Office instead of OpenOffice. Thank  you  for the help, I
> appreciate it,
> Heidi

> 10

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Re: Question

Steven Ahlers
Right click on a file, chose Open With, chose OpenOffice module from list (Writer for text files, Calc for spread sheet files, etc.), check box for All Files of this type, chose Open. In the future all files with the same extension will be opened with the same application.

Steve
Sent from my iPad

On Sep 22, 2017, at 7:04 PM, Heidi S <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, I recently installed OpenOffice on my computer and was wondering how to set this as the default by which documents open from the internet on my computer. As of now, when I open a file from online, the file attempts to open in Microsoft Office instead of OpenOffice. Thank  you  for the help, I appreciate it,
> Heidi

.

Re: Question

zahra a
also if you want to all kinds of for example: word, excel, powerpoint
all of there extentions should open by default by openoffice, do my
recommendation.
also you can use custom installation in the time of installing your
program for the first time, or updating the next version, in the
custom installation, you have many options.
selecting which component of openoffice you need to install, (although
openoffice is integrated package) but selection of component is still
possible.
i am not sure whether its useful or may causes proble, but one time i
tested and only installed writer.
for me it released only near 20 mb of my hard disk!
also you can select which optional component you need to install and
finally you can select or deselect association of microsoft files by
openooffice.
hope that help, God bless again and thanks for your support.

On 9/23/17, Steve Ahlers <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Right click on a file, chose Open With, chose OpenOffice module from list
> (Writer for text files, Calc for spread sheet files, etc.), check box for
> All Files of this type, chose Open. In the future all files with the same
> extension will be opened with the same application.
>
> Steve
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Sep 22, 2017, at 7:04 PM, Heidi S <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello, I recently installed OpenOffice on my computer and was wondering
>> how to set this as the default by which documents open from the internet
>> on my computer. As of now, when I open a file from online, the file
>> attempts to open in Microsoft Office instead of OpenOffice. Thank  you
>> for the help, I appreciate it,
>> Heidi
>>
>> Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows
>> 10
>>

> .

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Re: Question

Fernando Cassia
On 9/23/17, Steve Ahlers <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Right click on a file, chose Open With, chose OpenOffice module from list
> (Writer for text files, Calc for spread sheet files, etc.), check box for
> All Files of this type, chose Open. In the future all files with the same
> extension will be opened with the same application.
>
> Steve

Steve,
Notice Heidi said "from online". That means she isn't opening local
documents but clicking on web page links that make the server send a
MSOffice type file.
Thus, what she is really asking is how to modify the browser helper to
handle MSOffice file downloads.

That, of course, has different answers depending on what operating
system and web browser she is using.

Fc
> Sent from my iPad

Re: Question

James Knott
On 09/22/2017 10:04 PM, Heidi S wrote:
> Hello, I recently installed OpenOffice on my computer and was wondering how to set this as the default by which documents open from the internet on my computer. As of now, when I open a file from online, the file attempts to open in Microsoft Office instead of OpenOffice. Thank  you  for the help, I appreciate it,
> Heidi

You can set the default application for various file types.  The details
depend on your operating system.

Re: Question

Isaac Schrader
During installation it gives you the options to set the openoffice programs as the default programs.