Question

Holly Renson

Hi, I was wondering if you can please help me.  All of a sudden, my program is underlining everything in red (indicating a misspelling).  However, it is a fresh document with nothing spelled incorrectly.  Is there a way to correct this?  I even uninstalled and reinstalled the program but it is still doing it.  Please advise, thanks.

Holly Renson

Legal Assistant

  Two Rector Street, 22nd Floor

  New York, NY 10006

  Work: 212.766.1888 x.175

  Fax: 212.766.3252

   [hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICEThe information contained in this message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the designated recipient named above.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this message in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or email at [hidden email] and delete and/or destroy the original message

Re: Question

Howard Blum
I see that often. Ignore it and the app will work just fine otherwise. I am
on a Mac and that could be why it happens.

On Nov 27, 2017 8:09 PM, "Holly Renson" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, I was wondering if you can please help me.  All of a sudden, my
> program is underlining everything in red (indicating a misspelling).
> However, it is a fresh document with nothing spelled incorrectly.  Is there
> a way to correct this?  I even uninstalled and reinstalled the program but
> it is still doing it.  Please advise, thanks.
>

> Holly Renson
>
> Legal Assistant
>

> [image: cid:image001.jpg@01D164AA.A9017D00]
>
>   Two Rector Street, 22
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=Rector+Street,+22&entry=gmail&source=g>nd
> Floor
>
>   New York, NY 10006
>
>   Work: 212.766.1888 x.175 <(212)%20766-1888>
>
>   Fax: 212.766.3252 <(212)%20766-3252>
>
>    [hidden email]
>

> *CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*:  The information contained in this message is
> intended only for the personal and confidential use of the designated
> recipient named above.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
> recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended
> recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this message in
> error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
> message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in
> error, please notify us immediately by telephone or email at
> [hidden email] and delete and/or destroy the original message

Re: Question

Keith N. McKenna
On 11/27/2017 2:55 PM, Holly Renson wrote:

> Hi, I was wondering if you can please help me.  All of a sudden, my
> program is underlining everything in red (indicating a misspelling).
> However, it is a fresh document with nothing spelled incorrectly.  Is
> there a way to correct this?  I even uninstalled and reinstalled the
> program but it is still doing it.  Please advise, thanks.
>

> Holly Renson
>
> Legal Assistant
>
> _ _
>
> cid:image001.jpg@01D164AA.A9017D00
>
>   Two Rector Street, 22^nd Floor
>
>   New York, NY 10006
>
>   Work: 212.766.1888 x.175
>
>   Fax: 212.766.3252
>
>    [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>

> *CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*:  The information contained in this message is
> intended only for the personal and confidential use of the designated
> recipient named above.  If the reader of this message is not the
> intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the
> intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this
> message in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or
> copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
> this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone
> or email at [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> and delete
> and/or destroy the original message

Holly;

The the FAQ at
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/FAQ/General/Spellchecker_Shows_all_Word_Misspelled
and the How To referenced by it.

RegardsKeith

Re: Question

Brian Barker
At 18:11 27/11/2017 -0800, Howard Blum wrote:
>At 14:55 27/11/2017 -0500, Holly Renson wrote:
>>All of a sudden, my program is underlining everything in red
>>(indicating a misspelling). However, it is a fresh document with
>>nothing spelled incorrectly. Is there a way to correct this?
>
>I see that often. Ignore it and the app will work just fine otherwise.

Sorry, but this is not best advice. Such inappropriate underlining is
distracting. In addition, it means that the very useful spelling
checking facility is no longer effective. The problem is due to
corruption of (presumably one file within) the OpenOffice user
profile, and the (rather blunt) solution is to delete or rename the
profile and allow OpenOffice to create a new, clean copy.
Instructions for this depend on the operating system, but are
available on the web.

>I am on a Mac and that could be why it happens.

There are plenty of things that can be blamed on Macs - but this is
not one of them!

Brian Barker