Question

Pam

Question

Pam
I am creating a document to save in Open Office.  I have made several entries with no problem, but now a space is automatically skipped between characters and no matter how I try, I can’t get it to stop.  Here is an example:  Pam F armer.  When I backspace, it deletes the F and when I type it again, it does the same thing.  Help!  Thank you.  I love this program and have used it for years, and will continue to.  It does everything I need to do.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Question

Dan Lewis
I am not sure this will help. You have a key on your keyboard, Insert.
Try typing some text, then click the Insert button, and finally type
some text. See what may happen. Otherwise, I have no idea what happened.

Any reply or questions need to be sent to [hidden email]
rather than me or anyone else who may send you suggestions.

Dan

On 2/14/21 7:48 PM, Pam wrote:
> I am creating a document to save in Open Office.  I have made several entries with no problem, but now a space is automatically skipped between characters and no matter how I try, I can’t get it to stop.  Here is an example:  Pam F armer.  When I backspace, it deletes the F and when I type it again, it does the same thing.  Help!  Thank you.  I love this program and have used it for years, and will continue to.  It does everything I need to do.
>
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Question

John van Barneveld
This may be a long shot
Open Format-Character and click on the position tab
spacing should be set to Default.

>I am creating a document to save in Open Office.  I have made several entries with no problem, but now a space is automatically skipped between characters and no matter how I try, I can’t get it to stop.  Here is an example:  Pam F armer.  When I backspace, it deletes the F and when I type it again, it does the same thing.  Help!  Thank you.  I love this program and have used it for years, and will continue to.  It does everything I need to do.
>
>Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Question

Beregond
On 2021-02-15 01:48, Pam wrote:

> I am creating a document to save in Open Office.  I have made several
> entries with no problem, but now a space is automatically skipped
> between characters and no matter how I try, I can’t get it to stop.
> Here is an example:  Pam F armer.  When I backspace, it deletes the F
> and when I type it again, it does the same thing.  Help!

    I have only seen this kind of behaviour when I have worked in
documents imported from another format (like doc). You might try
copying everything and pasting into a fresh odt document.

     Good luck!

        Anders Stenström