Questions

Dan Holmes-2
I have just recently downloaded OpenOffice 2.0 to try it out.  Look s good
so far but I do have an observation and a question.

The observation.  It would appear that OpenOffice uses the extension .pst
somewhere in the suite.  This same extension is used by - dare I say it - by
MS Outlook.  To be specific the .pst file in Outlook is the Personal Folder
file.  Any comments or solutions?

My Question.  Although I predominantly work in Canadian English, I routinely
work in French.  How can I switch from English to French and have the
various spelling, grammatical, hyphenation and other features?  Is French
available?

Best Regards

Dan Holmes

Re: Questions

Anthony Chilco
Hi Dan,
I can't comment on the pst extension. I don't use outlook and haven't
run across it. You can use the dictionary wizard to install as many as
you like:'file / wizards / install new dictionaries'. In your documents,
set the language:'format / character' font tab.
tc

Dan Holmes wrote:

>I have just recently downloaded OpenOffice 2.0 to try it out.  Look s good
>so far but I do have an observation and a question.
>
>The observation.  It would appear that OpenOffice uses the extension .pst
>somewhere in the suite.  This same extension is used by - dare I say it - by
>MS Outlook.  To be specific the .pst file in Outlook is the Personal Folder
>file.  Any comments or solutions?
>
>My Question.  Although I predominantly work in Canadian English, I routinely
>work in French.  How can I switch from English to French and have the
>various spelling, grammatical, hyphenation and other features?  Is French
>available?
>
>Best Regards
>
>Dan Holmes

RE: Questions

Dan Holmes-2
Hi TC

Thanks for the reply.  Your comment about not using Outlook brought out
another question I forgot to ask.  I am looking for a replacement for
Outlook.  I use it because of its functionality.  I would dearly love to get
off of it.  My two prime requirements are the ability to send contacts as an
attachment and having an agenda/calendar.  Are you aware of any such
program, ideally compatible with OpenOffice?

Rgds

Dan Holmes wrote:

>I have just recently downloaded OpenOffice 2.0 to try it out.  Look s good
>so far but I do have an observation and a question.
>
>The observation.  It would appear that OpenOffice uses the extension .pst
>somewhere in the suite.  This same extension is used by - dare I say it -
by
>MS Outlook.  To be specific the .pst file in Outlook is the Personal Folder
>file.  Any comments or solutions?
>
>My Question.  Although I predominantly work in Canadian English, I
routinely

>work in French.  How can I switch from English to French and have the
>various spelling, grammatical, hyphenation and other features?  Is French
>available?
>
>Best Regards
>
>Dan Holmes

RE: Questions

Matej Cepl-2
Dan Holmes wrote:
> attachment and having an agenda/calendar.  Are you aware of any such
> program, ideally compatible with OpenOffice?

Mozilla Thunderbird <http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/> together
with Mozilla Sunbird
<http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird.html> should do what you
need. However, I would have some questions about stability.

Matej

GPG Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man
I know.
      -- Abraham Lincoln