Questions to update the 4.1.4 Release Notes

Questions to update the 4.1.4 Release Notes

Keith N. McKenna
I have been reviewing the Release Notes for the 4.1.4 Release and have a
couple of questions on the Known Issues section.

1. For developers: the source package of OpenOffice 4.1.4 will not build
on 32-bit versions of Ubuntu 14.04  and similar distributions. The
source fails to build in main/svl with this error: undefined reference
to `__stack_chk_fail'. Is this still a problem with AOO 4.1.4

2. For developers: the OpenOffice SDK won't build with Java 8. Either
build with --disable-odk or see the dev list archives for possible
solutions. Is this still a problem with AOO 4.1.4.

Regards
Keith

Re: Questions to update the 4.1.4 Release Notes

Matthias Seidel
Am 10.09.2017 um 01:40 schrieb Keith N. McKenna:
> I have been reviewing the Release Notes for the 4.1.4 Release and have a
> couple of questions on the Known Issues section.
>
> 1. For developers: the source package of OpenOffice 4.1.4 will not build
> on 32-bit versions of Ubuntu 14.04  and similar distributions. The
> source fails to build in main/svl with this error: undefined reference
> to `__stack_chk_fail'. Is this still a problem with AOO 4.1.4

Hi Keith,

I am not sure here...
Our buildbots run on Ubuntu 14.04 and they (normally) produce weekly
builds of branch 4.1.4.

> 2. For developers: the OpenOffice SDK won't build with Java 8. Either
> build with --disable-odk or see the dev list archives for possible
> solutions. Is this still a problem with AOO 4.1.4.

This is still valid.
The fixes for Java 8 are in trunk but have not been backported to 4.1.4.

Regards, Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Questions to update the 4.1.4 Release Notes

Matthias Seidel
Hi Keith,

Am 10.09.2017 um 01:40 schrieb Keith N. McKenna:
I have been reviewing the Release Notes for the 4.1.4 Release and have a
couple of questions on the Known Issues section.

1. For developers: the source package of OpenOffice 4.1.4 will not build
on 32-bit versions of Ubuntu 14.04  and similar distributions. The
source fails to build in main/svl with this error: undefined reference
to `__stack_chk_fail'. Is this still a problem with AOO 4.1.4

See my other mail regarding our Linux32 buildbots.

==> /etc/lsb-release <==
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=14.04
DISTRIB_CODENAME=trusty
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS"

I can now confirm that they perfectly build 4.1.4 on Ubuntu 14.04.5 32bit:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/install/lin41x/

Kind regards, Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment