Quantcast

Quick Method to Insert Rows

VinceB.
Hello:

In AOO Calc 4.1.3, is there a quicker method for adding rows other than
one at a time?  There has been need to insert, for example, ten rows
between two existing rows. Doing this one row at a time is "dull".

Regards,

VinceB.

Re: Quick Method to Insert Rows

Girvin Herr-2

On 03/04/2017 09:50 AM, VinceB. wrote:

> Hello:
>
> In AOO Calc 4.1.3, is there a quicker method for adding rows other
> than one at a time?  There has been need to insert, for example, ten
> rows between two existing rows. Doing this one row at a time is "dull".
>
> Regards,
>
> VinceB.

Vince,
Yes.  Left click on the row number (far left column) you want to start
insertion. While holding the left mouse button down, drag the mouse down
the number of rows you want to insert and release the left button.
Right click somewhere on the selected row numbers and select "Insert
rows".  The number of rows selected should shift down and create the
number of blank rows for you.
HTH.
Girvin Herr

Re: Quick Method to Insert Rows

VinceB.
Thank you, I shall give that a try, later.

Regards,
Vince

Sent from my iPad

> On Mar 4, 2017, at 14:04, Girvin Herr <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 03/04/2017 09:50 AM, VinceB. wrote:
>> Hello:
>>
>> In AOO Calc 4.1.3, is there a quicker method for adding rows other than one at a time?  There has been need to insert, for example, ten rows between two existing rows. Doing this one row at a time is "dull".
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> VinceB.

> Vince,
> Yes.  Left click on the row number (far left column) you want to start insertion. While holding the left mouse button down, drag the mouse down the number of rows you want to insert and release the left button.  Right click somewhere on the selected row numbers and select "Insert rows".  The number of rows selected should shift down and create the number of blank rows for you.
> HTH.
> Girvin Herr

Re: Quick Method to Insert Rows

Rochelle
What would the process be on a mac touch pad or mouse (no right or left
click) ?

Rochelle Uchibori
808 782-1955 cell

On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 7:19 PM, Vince B. <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you, I shall give that a try, later.
>
> Regards,
> Vince
>

> Sent from my iPad
>
> > On Mar 4, 2017, at 14:04, Girvin Herr <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> >> On 03/04/2017 09:50 AM, VinceB. wrote:
> >> Hello:
> >>
> >> In AOO Calc 4.1.3, is there a quicker method for adding rows other than
> one at a time?  There has been need to insert, for example, ten rows
> between two existing rows. Doing this one row at a time is "dull".
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> VinceB.

> > Vince,
> > Yes.  Left click on the row number (far left column) you want to start
> insertion. While holding the left mouse button down, drag the mouse down
> the number of rows you want to insert and release the left button.  Right
> click somewhere on the selected row numbers and select "Insert rows".  The
> number of rows selected should shift down and create the number of blank
> rows for you.
> > HTH.
> > Girvin Herr

Re: Quick Method to Insert Rows

Steve Ahlers-2
Instead of left-click use control-click

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 4, 2017, at 4:24 PM, Rochelle <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> What would the process be on a mac touch pad or mouse (no right or left
> click) ?
>
> Rochelle Uchibori
> 808 782-1955 cell
>
>> On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 7:19 PM, Vince B. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thank you, I shall give that a try, later.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Vince
>>

>> Sent from my iPad

>> one at a time?  There has been need to insert, for example, ten rows
>> between two existing rows. Doing this one row at a time is "dull".

>>> Vince,
>>> Yes.  Left click on the row number (far left column) you want to start
>> insertion. While holding the left mouse button down, drag the mouse down
>> the number of rows you want to insert and release the left button.  Right
>> click somewhere on the selected row numbers and select "Insert rows".  The
>> number of rows selected should shift down and create the number of blank
>> rows for you.
>>> HTH.
>>> Girvin Herr

Re: Quick Method to Insert Rows

Rochelle
I must be doing something wrong when I follow your instructions as I only
get one row when I insert row.

Instead I copied (command c) the number of blank rows I desired from far
left column, then inserted it where I needed it.

But really that's rather cumbersome, adding one row at a time is really
easier unless I have more than 10 to add and will have to do for me.

Rochelle

On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 9:40 PM, Steven Ahlers <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Instead of left-click use control-click
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Mar 4, 2017, at 4:24 PM, Rochelle <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > What would the process be on a mac touch pad or mouse (no right or left
> > click) ?
> >
> > Rochelle
> >
> >> On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 7:19 PM, Vince B. <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Thank you, I shall give that a try, later.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Vince
> >>

> >> Sent from my iPad

> than
> >> one at a time?  There has been need to insert, for example, ten rows
> >> between two existing rows. Doing this one row at a time is "dull".

> >> insertion. While holding the left mouse button down, drag the mouse down
> >> the number of rows you want to insert and release the left button.
> Right
> >> click somewhere on the selected row numbers and select "Insert rows".
> The
> >> number of rows selected should shift down and create the number of blank
> >> rows for you.

Re: Quick Method to Insert Rows

Steve Ahlers-2
Control not command

Sent from my iPhone

On 3/4/2017 2:04 PM, Girvin Herr wrote:

> On 03/04/2017 09:50 AM, VinceB. wrote:
>> Hello:
>>
>> In AOO Calc 4.1.3, is there a quicker method for adding rows other
>> than one at a time?  There has been need to insert, for example, ten
>> rows between two existing rows. Doing this one row at a time is "dull".
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> VinceB.
>>

> Vince,
> Yes.  Left click on the row number (far left column) you want to start
> insertion. While holding the left mouse button down, drag the mouse
> down the number of rows you want to insert and release the left
> button.  Right click somewhere on the selected row numbers and select
> "Insert rows".  The number of rows selected should shift down and
> create the number of blank rows for you.
> HTH.
> Girvin Herr

Girvin:

Thank you, again.  Your instructions were followed, and they worked
perfectly on my WINDOWS 10 desktop.

On 3/4/2017 10:47 PM, Rochelle wrote:

> Instead I copied (command c) the number of blank rows I desired from far
> left column, then inserted it where I needed it.

> Rochelle

Rochelle:

That method works for me, also.  If you can find two, or more, blank
rows, the above method is not much of a problem to insert rows, for me.
Do that once, or more, with one, or more, blank row(s), then select the
resulting blank rows, and repeat as needed.

I vaguely recalled a dialog window whereby you can specify the quantity
of rows to be inserted, but that probably was within MS Excel.

Regards,
VinceB.