RE: instructions--uninstall. please

ANN-6
Sir,      11/27/05
 Please end me instructions via e mail on how to uninstall open office 1.1.3.  I cannot use it.  I do not want it any more.  I did unsubscribe.  Help.  When I go to remove the program it states to uninstall go to setup program.  What is taht.  I do NOT want this system any more.  Please help.
Ann Roberts

Re: RE: instructions--uninstall. please

CPHennessy
On Mon November 28 2005 02:42, + ANN wrote:
>  [ MODERATED ] ********************
> Sir,      11/27/05
>  Please end me instructions via e mail on how to uninstall open office
> 1.1.3.  I cannot use it.  I do not want it any more.  I did unsubscribe.
> Help.  When I go to remove the program it states to uninstall go to setup
> program.  What is taht.  I do NOT want this system any more.  Please help.

Hi Ann,
 In c:\programs\openoffice.org1.1.3 (or similar) there should be a setup.exe
program which if you execute it will give you a "Remove" option.

Alternatively if you explain what problems you have, perhaps we can help.

Please reply to [hidden email] only

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ

Re: RE: instructions--uninstall. pleasenew--11/28/05

ANN-6
To Whom this may concern,
        Your response was appreciated.   However, faulty.
There isn't any setup exe in open office 1.1.3.  When I click on openoffice
1.1.3 the following options wording become visible: drawing, from template
text document presentation, HTML doc., spreadsheet.   OpenOffice overrides
my Word Perfect 12.  This Is NOT good.  When I click on add/remove programs
and I click openoffice 1.1.3 remove a window pops up that states set up
program to deinstall.  What is the setup ? Where is it?  Please before I
mail the letters to Consumers Report, other agencies, Mr. Fishcer, my
attorney, fulty claims made by your company, etc send me a disk to
deinstall.  It will be returned to you.
Ann Roberts

On Mon November 28 2005 23:44, + ANN wrote:
>  [ MODERATED ] ***********************
> To Whom this may concern,
>         Your response was appreciated.   However, faulty.
> There isn't any setup exe in open office 1.1.3.
Ok, if it is not in the directory I mentioned then it is in a folder within
that directory called "programs".

> When I click on openoffice
> 1.1.3 the following options wording become visible: drawing, from template
> text document presentation, HTML doc., spreadsheet.   OpenOffice overrides
> my Word Perfect 12.  This Is NOT good.  When I click on add/remove programs
> and I click openoffice 1.1.3 remove a window pops up that states set up
> program to deinstall.  What is the setup ? Where is it?  Please before I
> mail the letters to Consumers Report, other agencies, Mr. Fishcer, my
> attorney, fulty claims made by your company, etc send me a disk to
> deinstall.  It will be returned to you.
OpenOffice.org is completely free and can be downloaded from
http://openoffice.org without any limitations. Also please note that the
newer version 2.0 (also completely free for any use), can be downloaded from
http://openoffice.org and it has official support for WordPerfect files and
even more improved compatability with MSOffice. files.

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ

Re: RE: instructions--uninstall. pleasenew--11/28/05

Dan Lewis-6
Top post:
    Please not not make threats as it is not becoming of you. Besides you
would have to prove your point before such action would be worthwhile.
    When you clicked on openoffice 1.1.3 (OOo 1.1.3), you were clicking on the
Quickstarter Icon near clock. That is not what you were told to do. However,
it is very important in removing the installation process. (More later.)
     You have a problem with file associations that you need to correct. If
Word Perfect 12 does not have instructions on how to change file
associations, OpenOffice.org 1.1.3 does. Open OpenOffice.org 1.1.3 one last
time. Click Help and then Contents. Click the Index tab. Enter "file
associations" in the Search box (without the double quote marks). Click
Display at the bottom of the program window. It will explain how to change
the file associations back to what you want them to be.
     To uninstall OpenOffice.org 1.1.3, first right click (right mouse button)
the Quickstarter Icon. Then click Exit Quickstarter. The icon will be
removed. Then simply use the Add/Remove Program in the Control Panel to
remove OOo 1.1.3. The setup program mentioned is found where CPHennessy wrote
that it would be. It is OOo's setup program. When it is run, it gives you the
choice of Modifying, Repairing, or Removing OOo. Chose Remove, and follow the
instructions on each page. Once the program has been removed, you can safely
remove any files and folders left in the OpenOffice.org1.1.3 folder.

Dan

On Monday 28 November 2005 05:44 pm, ANN wrote:

> To Whom this may concern,
>         Your response was appreciated.   However, faulty.
> There isn't any setup exe in open office 1.1.3.  When I click on openoffice
> 1.1.3 the following options wording become visible: drawing, from template
> text document presentation, HTML doc., spreadsheet.   OpenOffice overrides
> my Word Perfect 12.  This Is NOT good.  When I click on add/remove programs
> and I click openoffice 1.1.3 remove a window pops up that states set up
> program to deinstall.  What is the setup ? Where is it?  Please before I
> mail the letters to Consumers Report, other agencies, Mr. Fishcer, my
> attorney, fulty claims made by your company, etc send me a disk to
> deinstall.  It will be returned to you.
> Ann Roberts

 Your email was not clear. Do you still have a problem trying to
uninstall OpenOffice.org ?