[RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
19 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Jürgen Schmidt-3
Hi,

I plan now with the following 8 languages for our upcoming AOO 3.4 1 respin:

Danish (da), Swedish (sv), Norwegian Bokmal (nb), Polish (pl), Korean
(ko), Asturian (ast), Basque (eu), Scottish Gaelic (gd)

Please correct me if I should have missed something!

So far we have only received information for Danish about the dictionary
that we should bundle. If we should bundle a dictionary for one of these
languages please let us know until tomorrow. Please create an issue for
this, see
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4.1+Respin+for+additional+languages

All other languages where volunteers are working on updates, please
continue your work and we will integrate your work on trunk immediately
that you can benefit from our regular snapshot builds.

AOO 4.0 is coming soon and we will have to do some work for this release
as well. Some strings moved in other locations (modules) and we will
have some new UI elements that require translation. But mainly strings
that are already translated somewhere else. I will keep you informed.

Juergen
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Michael Bauer
Submitted Bug 121590 for gd

Thanks!

Michael

07/01/2013 10:32, sgrìobh Jürgen Schmidt:

> Hi,
>
> I plan now with the following 8 languages for our upcoming AOO 3.4 1 respin:
>
> Danish (da), Swedish (sv), Norwegian Bokmal (nb), Polish (pl), Korean
> (ko), Asturian (ast), Basque (eu), Scottish Gaelic (gd)
>
> Please correct me if I should have missed something!
>
> So far we have only received information for Danish about the dictionary
> that we should bundle. If we should bundle a dictionary for one of these
> languages please let us know until tomorrow. Please create an issue for
> this, see
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4.1+Respin+for+additional+languages
>
> All other languages where volunteers are working on updates, please
> continue your work and we will integrate your work on trunk immediately
> that you can benefit from our regular snapshot builds.
>
> AOO 4.0 is coming soon and we will have to do some work for this release
> as well. Some strings moved in other locations (modules) and we will
> have some new UI elements that require translation. But mainly strings
> that are already translated somewhere else. I will keep you informed.
>
> Juergen
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Rob Weir
In reply to this post by Jürgen Schmidt-3
On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 5:32 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I plan now with the following 8 languages for our upcoming AOO 3.4 1 respin:
>
> Danish (da), Swedish (sv), Norwegian Bokmal (nb), Polish (pl), Korean
> (ko), Asturian (ast), Basque (eu), Scottish Gaelic (gd)
>
> Please correct me if I should have missed something!
>
> So far we have only received information for Danish about the dictionary
> that we should bundle. If we should bundle a dictionary for one of these
> languages please let us know until tomorrow. Please create an issue for
> this, see
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4.1+Respin+for+additional+languages
>

If someone is new to translating for OpenOffice they may not be
familiar with this.   There is a big list of OpenOffice-compatible
dictionaries listed here:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Dictionaries

What we need is for the translators to check this list (or other
sources of info) and see if there is an appropriate spell checking
dictionary.  Also see if there is a hyphenation dictionary and
thesaurus.    If there are available, try them with the snapshot build
to confirm that they still install and work correctly with AOO 3.4.1.
If so, create the Bugzilla issue per Juergen's request.

-Rob

> All other languages where volunteers are working on updates, please
> continue your work and we will integrate your work on trunk immediately
> that you can benefit from our regular snapshot builds.
>
> AOO 4.0 is coming soon and we will have to do some work for this release
> as well. Some strings moved in other locations (modules) and we will
> have some new UI elements that require translation. But mainly strings
> that are already translated somewhere else. I will keep you informed.
>
> Juergen
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Andrea Pescetti-2
Rob Weir wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 5:32 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>> I plan now with the following 8 languages for our upcoming AOO 3.4 1 respin:
>> Danish (da), Swedish (sv), Norwegian Bokmal (nb), Polish (pl), Korean
>> (ko), Asturian (ast), Basque (eu), Scottish Gaelic (gd)
>> Please correct me if I should have missed something!

Turkish should be really close. Turkish volunteers: if you have the UI
translation complete, please let us know immediately.

> There is a big list of OpenOffice-compatible
> dictionaries listed here:
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Dictionaries

This one is better:
http://extensions.openoffice.org/dictionary
Actually, if you open the former link, it will send you to the latter,
since we now only include dictionaries packaged as extensions.

Regards,
   Andrea.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Jon Peli Oleaga
In reply to this post by Rob Weir





 

> Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 07:11:00 -0500
> Subject: Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> CC: [hidden email]
>
> If someone is new to translating for OpenOffice they may not be
> familiar with this.   There is a big list of OpenOffice-compatible
> dictionaries listed here:
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Dictionaries
>
> What we need is for the translators to check this list (or other
> sources of info) and see if there is an appropriate spell checking
> dictionary.  Also see if there is a hyphenation dictionary and
> thesaurus.    If there are available, try them with the snapshot build
> to confirm that they still install and work correctly with AOO 3.4.1.
> If so, create the Bugzilla issue per Juergen's request.
>
How can we get the snapshot build?  
     
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Jürgen Schmidt-3
In reply to this post by Michael Bauer
On 1/7/13 12:09 PM, Michael Bauer wrote:
> Submitted Bug 121590 for gd
>

Thanks!

Please take this as reminder for all other languages where the
information is still missing. I simply can't decide if the dictionaries
are good enough and should be included or not.

Please review http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/dictionaries or let me
know which dictionary you use in your daily work already.

Juergen


> Thanks!
>
> Michael
>
> 07/01/2013 10:32, sgrìobh Jürgen Schmidt:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I plan now with the following 8 languages for our upcoming AOO 3.4 1
>> respin:
>>
>> Danish (da), Swedish (sv), Norwegian Bokmal (nb), Polish (pl), Korean
>> (ko), Asturian (ast), Basque (eu), Scottish Gaelic (gd)
>>
>> Please correct me if I should have missed something!
>>
>> So far we have only received information for Danish about the dictionary
>> that we should bundle. If we should bundle a dictionary for one of these
>> languages please let us know until tomorrow. Please create an issue for
>> this, see
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4.1+Respin+for+additional+languages
>>
>>
>> All other languages where volunteers are working on updates, please
>> continue your work and we will integrate your work on trunk immediately
>> that you can benefit from our regular snapshot builds.
>>
>> AOO 4.0 is coming soon and we will have to do some work for this release
>> as well. Some strings moved in other locations (modules) and we will
>> have some new UI elements that require translation. But mainly strings
>> that are already translated somewhere else. I will keep you informed.
>>
>> Juergen
>>
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Andrea Pescetti-2
In reply to this post by Jon Peli Oleaga
On 07/01/2013 Jon Peli Oleaga wrote:
>> From: [hidden email]
>> dictionary.  Also see if there is a hyphenation dictionary and
>> thesaurus.    If there are available, try them with the snapshot build
>> to confirm that they still install and work correctly with AOO 3.4.1.
> How can we get the snapshot build?

Actually you should verify that the dictionary runs correctly with the
English version of OpenOffice 3.4.1 as downloaded from http://openoffice.org

Snapshot builds exist, but are available only in a few languages so far:
http://people.apache.org/~jsc/respin_aoo341/ (Windows, Mac)
http://people.apache.org/~arielch/packages/respin_aoo341/ (Linux)

Anyway for the sake of testing a dictionary the English version is fine.

Regards,
   Andrea.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Jürgen Schmidt-3
In reply to this post by Andrea Pescetti-2
On 1/7/13 1:35 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> Rob Weir wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 5:32 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>>> I plan now with the following 8 languages for our upcoming AOO 3.4 1
>>> respin:
>>> Danish (da), Swedish (sv), Norwegian Bokmal (nb), Polish (pl), Korean
>>> (ko), Asturian (ast), Basque (eu), Scottish Gaelic (gd)
>>> Please correct me if I should have missed something!
>
> Turkish should be really close. Turkish volunteers: if you have the UI
> translation complete, please let us know immediately.
>
>> There is a big list of OpenOffice-compatible
>> dictionaries listed here:
>> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Dictionaries
>
> This one is better:
> http://extensions.openoffice.org/dictionary
> Actually, if you open the former link, it will send you to the latter,
> since we now only include dictionaries packaged as extensions.
>

I plan to start building the first official snapshot tomorrow based on
revision 1424891 on the AOO34 branch
(https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/branches/AOO34)

Further dictionaries can be included in a potential second snapshot.

Juergen


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Jürgen Schmidt-3
On 1/8/13 6:02 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:

> On 1/7/13 1:35 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> Rob Weir wrote:
>>> On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 5:32 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>>>> I plan now with the following 8 languages for our upcoming AOO 3.4 1
>>>> respin:
>>>> Danish (da), Swedish (sv), Norwegian Bokmal (nb), Polish (pl), Korean
>>>> (ko), Asturian (ast), Basque (eu), Scottish Gaelic (gd)
>>>> Please correct me if I should have missed something!
>>
>> Turkish should be really close. Turkish volunteers: if you have the UI
>> translation complete, please let us know immediately.
>>
>>> There is a big list of OpenOffice-compatible
>>> dictionaries listed here:
>>> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Dictionaries
>>
>> This one is better:
>> http://extensions.openoffice.org/dictionary
>> Actually, if you open the former link, it will send you to the latter,
>> since we now only include dictionaries packaged as extensions.
>>
>
> I plan to start building the first official snapshot tomorrow based on
> revision 1424891 on the AOO34 branch
> (https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/branches/AOO34)
>
> Further dictionaries can be included in a potential second snapshot.

I will start the build of the first official AOO 3.4.1 respin snapshot
today based on revision 1424891 on the AOO34 branch.

The new supported languages are "ast", "da", "eu", "gd", "pl", "ko",
"nb", "sv".

I will built a new updated source release, including the translation
updates. The only further change is in the scripts for building the
source release where I include the revision number.

@Ariel: can you please start the build for Linux as well?

Juergen


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Jürgen Schmidt-3
On 1/9/13 10:56 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:

> On 1/8/13 6:02 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>> On 1/7/13 1:35 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>>> Rob Weir wrote:
>>>> On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 5:32 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>>>>> I plan now with the following 8 languages for our upcoming AOO 3.4 1
>>>>> respin:
>>>>> Danish (da), Swedish (sv), Norwegian Bokmal (nb), Polish (pl), Korean
>>>>> (ko), Asturian (ast), Basque (eu), Scottish Gaelic (gd)
>>>>> Please correct me if I should have missed something!
>>>
>>> Turkish should be really close. Turkish volunteers: if you have the UI
>>> translation complete, please let us know immediately.
>>>
>>>> There is a big list of OpenOffice-compatible
>>>> dictionaries listed here:
>>>> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Dictionaries
>>>
>>> This one is better:
>>> http://extensions.openoffice.org/dictionary
>>> Actually, if you open the former link, it will send you to the latter,
>>> since we now only include dictionaries packaged as extensions.
>>>
>>
>> I plan to start building the first official snapshot tomorrow based on
>> revision 1424891 on the AOO34 branch
>> (https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/branches/AOO34)
>>
>> Further dictionaries can be included in a potential second snapshot.
>
> I will start the build of the first official AOO 3.4.1 respin snapshot
> today based on revision 1424891 on the AOO34 branch.

my mistake, the revision should be 1429825

Juergen

>
> The new supported languages are "ast", "da", "eu", "gd", "pl", "ko",
> "nb", "sv".
>
> I will built a new updated source release, including the translation
> updates. The only further change is in the scripts for building the
> source release where I include the revision number.
>
> @Ariel: can you please start the build for Linux as well?
>
> Juergen
>
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Ariel Constenla-Haile-2
In reply to this post by Jürgen Schmidt-3
On Wed, Jan 09, 2013 at 10:56:46AM +0100, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:

> I will start the build of the first official AOO 3.4.1 respin snapshot
> today based on revision 1424891 on the AOO34 branch.
>
> The new supported languages are "ast", "da", "eu", "gd", "pl", "ko",
> "nb", "sv".
>
> I will built a new updated source release, including the translation
> updates. The only further change is in the scripts for building the
> source release where I include the revision number.
>
> @Ariel: can you please start the build for Linux as well?
Linux packages are available at
http://people.apache.org/~arielch/packages/respin_aoo341


Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

attachment0 (853 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Jürgen Schmidt-3
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

On 1/10/13 1:38 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 09, 2013 at 10:56:46AM +0100, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>> I will start the build of the first official AOO 3.4.1 respin
>> snapshot today based on revision 1424891 on the AOO34 branch.
>>
>> The new supported languages are "ast", "da", "eu", "gd", "pl",
>> "ko", "nb", "sv".
>>
>> I will built a new updated source release, including the
>> translation updates. The only further change is in the scripts
>> for building the source release where I include the revision
>> number.
>>
>> @Ariel: can you please start the build for Linux as well?
>
> Linux packages are available at
> http://people.apache.org/~arielch/packages/respin_aoo341
>

The first snapshot build is now available and you can find the bits
under
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds#DevelopmentSnapshotBuilds-AOO3.4.1.respin

Please let me know if there is problem with the links.

If possilbe I would like to move the release date to Jan 24th. I will
be on a business trip for the rest of Jan. starting on 26th and have
not really time to handle it at this time.

Juergen


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG/MacGPG2 v2.0.17 (Darwin)
Comment: GPGTools - http://gpgtools.org
Comment: Using GnuPG with undefined - http://www.enigmail.net/
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=u2dC
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Rob Weir
On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 11:43 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA512
>
> On 1/10/13 1:38 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 09, 2013 at 10:56:46AM +0100, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>>> I will start the build of the first official AOO 3.4.1 respin
>>> snapshot today based on revision 1424891 on the AOO34 branch.
>>>
>>> The new supported languages are "ast", "da", "eu", "gd", "pl",
>>> "ko", "nb", "sv".
>>>
>>> I will built a new updated source release, including the
>>> translation updates. The only further change is in the scripts
>>> for building the source release where I include the revision
>>> number.
>>>
>>> @Ariel: can you please start the build for Linux as well?
>>
>> Linux packages are available at
>> http://people.apache.org/~arielch/packages/respin_aoo341
>>
>
> The first snapshot build is now available and you can find the bits
> under
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds#DevelopmentSnapshotBuilds-AOO3.4.1.respin
>
> Please let me know if there is problem with the links.
>
> If possilbe I would like to move the release date to Jan 24th. I will
> be on a business trip for the rest of Jan. starting on 26th and have
> not really time to handle it at this time.
>

The release will have several steps, yes?

1) Producing the binary and source bundles

2) Signing

3) Voting on at least the new source part

4) Getting onto Apache dist  and working with Roberto to get onto SourceForge

5) Updating download scripts for download/index.html as well
augmenting other.html

6) Announcement communications: blog, announcement list, social media

7) Enable update servers to push update notifications for the new translations

What part do you think you can do by the 24th?

Or would it make sense to do some of this after you return?

-Rob

> Juergen
>
>
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG/MacGPG2 v2.0.17 (Darwin)
> Comment: GPGTools - http://gpgtools.org
> Comment: Using GnuPG with undefined - http://www.enigmail.net/
>
> iQIcBAEBCgAGBQJQ7u/CAAoJEM/u8xZRtf3oZmoP/RlvumjAlnvPCCU3EdtH0ocj
> bhSMlS5RUIs2xdGa/eBdwqhJwVDQQlS4DpHyPJzs6TK7ARCLIl6dQCGZtmfczoHI
> d/q118bhyB1BWzskvZe+WwhtOHavBW2JQ9idpWYm6Ve62dWg/ryiYojk8Rs19QeG
> ymGXIJzKia7VoYzg2NVNNDYguMb/lXK4TF8iEm4gGoU+218rc8xmh0lnnokcVUof
> C5C8Cmud2lRMcxQ6Bi+Ha8SAGQ70wpz7giUCpXFom2Hbs6USgz7wdsB1rxTYdcny
> dCdnC4OU51H4NGCVAM1mBVm9lvRz5vsX3Pw6hiBTN3GBZTbyf4JVGS3Nx2ESp+Zb
> Wr3uZe8AIDjY+Zb8ABlw9z9jkct8KioYD0aPa/NlW9scsVaZ0OYwJmcsRNShVGa5
> l4xQNWuHFMp+ahKqY6/RFZRIYNI8eKXafA23wZw16idSYq/oqd5XVn3alv4UGiD0
> 9W01bDZiBnUWpP/XSLb5d57FaPEJxAuKKtWWG8TejxRrGlZ5tsOTcw059GQUh6e8
> DQte1omg2nduKN+B358qcAQFemv7PNFP3z2lSUoSCrj9sLK/dpENGNwubFQjXUBn
> 6mJISuW7j9CZNHbNCx8oOndqCELWVa4vGT233IUxK+C5d+zxJjyMlqhJq6ZuF6OG
> B7xQFAyKORgqvJX+gqhv
> =u2dC
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Jürgen Schmidt-3


Am Donnerstag, 10. Januar 2013 um 18:11 schrieb Rob Weir:

> On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 11:43 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> > Hash: SHA512
> >  
> > On 1/10/13 1:38 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> > > On Wed, Jan 09, 2013 at 10:56:46AM +0100, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> > > > I will start the build of the first official AOO 3.4.1 respin
> > > > snapshot today based on revision 1424891 on the AOO34 branch.
> > > >  
> > > > The new supported languages are "ast", "da", "eu", "gd", "pl",
> > > > "ko", "nb", "sv".
> > > >  
> > > > I will built a new updated source release, including the
> > > > translation updates. The only further change is in the scripts
> > > > for building the source release where I include the revision
> > > > number.
> > > >  
> > > > @Ariel: can you please start the build for Linux as well?
> > >  
> > > Linux packages are available at
> > > http://people.apache.org/~arielch/packages/respin_aoo341
> > >  
> >  
> >  
> > The first snapshot build is now available and you can find the bits
> > under
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds#DevelopmentSnapshotBuilds-AOO3.4.1.respin
> >  
> > Please let me know if there is problem with the links.
> >  
> > If possilbe I would like to move the release date to Jan 24th. I will
> > be on a business trip for the rest of Jan. starting on 26th and have
> > not really time to handle it at this time.
> >  
>  
>  
> The release will have several steps, yes?
>  
> 1) Producing the binary and source bundles
>  
> 2) Signing
>  
> 3) Voting on at least the new source part
>  
> 4) Getting onto Apache dist and working with Roberto to get onto SourceForge
>  
> 5) Updating download scripts for download/index.html as well
> augmenting other.html
>  
> 6) Announcement communications: blog, announcement list, social media
>  
> 7) Enable update servers to push update notifications for the new translations
>  
> What part do you think you can do by the 24th?
1-4 together with others

I was thinking of one further build depending on the feedback and/or further dictionary information.  The src release can be quite easy checked by a diff and verifying a build.
>  
> Or would it make sense to do some of this after you return?
mmh, not sure if it's necessary. When I have put the final bits on dist we can continue via email etc.
To simplify the downloads, I would like to put the files in the same directory on dist but this has to be checked if it's possible. We are not longer in incubator. They still contain incubator in the name.

Juergen

>  
> -Rob
>  
> > Juergen
> >  
> >  
> > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> > Version: GnuPG/MacGPG2 v2.0.17 (Darwin)
> > Comment: GPGTools - http://gpgtools.org
> > Comment: Using GnuPG with undefined - http://www.enigmail.net/
> >  
> > iQIcBAEBCgAGBQJQ7u/CAAoJEM/u8xZRtf3oZmoP/RlvumjAlnvPCCU3EdtH0ocj
> > bhSMlS5RUIs2xdGa/eBdwqhJwVDQQlS4DpHyPJzs6TK7ARCLIl6dQCGZtmfczoHI
> > d/q118bhyB1BWzskvZe+WwhtOHavBW2JQ9idpWYm6Ve62dWg/ryiYojk8Rs19QeG
> > ymGXIJzKia7VoYzg2NVNNDYguMb/lXK4TF8iEm4gGoU+218rc8xmh0lnnokcVUof
> > C5C8Cmud2lRMcxQ6Bi+Ha8SAGQ70wpz7giUCpXFom2Hbs6USgz7wdsB1rxTYdcny
> > dCdnC4OU51H4NGCVAM1mBVm9lvRz5vsX3Pw6hiBTN3GBZTbyf4JVGS3Nx2ESp+Zb
> > Wr3uZe8AIDjY+Zb8ABlw9z9jkct8KioYD0aPa/NlW9scsVaZ0OYwJmcsRNShVGa5
> > l4xQNWuHFMp+ahKqY6/RFZRIYNI8eKXafA23wZw16idSYq/oqd5XVn3alv4UGiD0
> > 9W01bDZiBnUWpP/XSLb5d57FaPEJxAuKKtWWG8TejxRrGlZ5tsOTcw059GQUh6e8
> > DQte1omg2nduKN+B358qcAQFemv7PNFP3z2lSUoSCrj9sLK/dpENGNwubFQjXUBn
> > 6mJISuW7j9CZNHbNCx8oOndqCELWVa4vGT233IUxK+C5d+zxJjyMlqhJq6ZuF6OG
> > B7xQFAyKORgqvJX+gqhv
> > =u2dC
> > -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
> >  
>  
>  
>  


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Jon Peli Oleaga
In reply to this post by Andrea Pescetti-2

 > Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 23:49:02 +0100
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

>
> Actually you should verify that the dictionary runs correctly with the
> English version of OpenOffice 3.4.1 as downloaded from http://openoffice.org
>
I think that the Basque dictionary XUXEN is working correctly with the 3.4.1 English version
Regards,
Jon Peli.
     
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Andrea Pescetti-2
Jon Peli Oleaga wrote:
> I think that the Basque dictionary XUXEN is working correctly with
> the 3.4.1 English version

It would be this one, right?
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/xuxen
If it is, we can include it.

Please note that we are not forced to ship only one dictionary. The
Italian version includes the Italian dictionary but also the English
one. The Basque version, if you know that most of your users will write
in Basque, or English, or Spanish, could include Basque+English+Spanish,
and so on (menus would be always in Basque, but spell checkers would be
available for writing documents in any of the three languages). But due
to performance reasons we include at most 3-4 dictionaries.

In case, anyone can specify additional dictionaries (other than the
"standard" one, e.g., Basque for the Basque version) picking them from here:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/trunk/main/extensions.lst?view=markup

Regards,
   Andrea.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin (Basque)

Jon Peli Oleaga


 > Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 12:24:27 +0100
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin
>
>
> It would be this one, right?
> http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/xuxen
> If it is, we can include it.
>
Yes; I thik that that one is good.  Regards Jon Peli
     
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin

Andrea Pescetti-2
In reply to this post by Jürgen Schmidt-3
On 10/01/2013 Juergen Schmidt wrote:
> mmh, not sure if it's necessary. When I have put the final bits on
> dist we can continue via email etc. To simplify the downloads, I
> would like to put the files in the same directory on dist but this
> has to be checked if it's possible. We are not longer in incubator.
> They still contain incubator in the name.

I've sent a note to the general@incubator list to let them know. Of
course it makes sense to put files in the "incubator" space again. You
can follow the discussion at
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201301.mbox/browser
but I'll warn you if there are objections (which I find unlikely).

Regards,
   Andrea.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RELEASE]: AOO 3.4.1 respin (Basque)

Andrea Pescetti-2
In reply to this post by Jon Peli Oleaga
On 12/01/2013 Jon Peli Oleaga wrote:
>> http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/xuxen
> Yes; I thik that that one is good.  Regards Jon Peli

Thanks, now tracked as
https://issues.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=121616

Regards,
   Andrea.