RTF to XML

Petr Danecek
Hello,
first of all, let me thank you for the wonderful job you are doing in
developing OpenOffice!
I'd like to ask about portability of OpenOffice code to other
applications, in particular about the part implementing conversion of
RTF documents to XML.
We need a command line tool. I have found a few tools on the web, but
neither of them suits our needs well - they are either too slow, or do
not attempt to deal with graphics or are written in Java, whereas we
would prefer C.
So my question is: How difficult it would be to adapt parts of the
OpenOffice code to make a fast and robust command line tool?
Petr Danecek
PS. Please include my address in reply as I am not subscribed to
dev@openoffice list.