RV: Install OOF 2 on Solaris

César Rodríguez

-----Mensaje original-----
De: César Rodríguez [mailto:[hidden email]]
Enviado el: jueves, 17 de noviembre de 2005 11:54
Para: '[hidden email]'
Asunto: Install OOF 2 on Solaris

Hi,

I have a trouble installing oof on solaris spark the new version 2
because i have an user in Solaris, and this user has a folder where all
software is installed; the problem is that i cant change the default
installation folder /opt/ , how can i do it?

Tnks for your help

Cesar Rodriguez

P.D: if you are not the team in charge of solving this please forward
this message to the people in charge, tnks.

Re: RV: Install OOF 2 on Solaris

Randall Badilla Castro
AFAIK, using the username of root you can install everywhere the OO2...
But keep in mind that you may need to place a shell variable pointing to
the "new" place wehere  OO@ binaries are installed (as least you need to
do this with Soffice 7.)

> [...]

G. Roderick Singleton-2
On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 09:44 -0500, C�sar Rodr�guez wrote:

> [...]

Solaris uses pkgadd. I suggest you read the manpage for pkgadd to select
the correct options. THere is some Solaris setup info in
http://documentation.openoffice.org/setup_guide2/2.x/en/SETUP_GUIDE_A4.pdf
--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead
http://documentation.openoffice.org/

RE: RV: Install OOF 2 on Solaris

César Rodríguez
Hi Roderick,

first tnks for your answer, but i searched the specification of pkgadd
command on
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/pseries/index.jsp?topic=/com.ib
m.aix.doc/cmds/aixcmds4/pkgadd.htm and it seems not to have any support
for changing the installation directory, i am not an expert on solaris
but i think that the real problem is the way that the installtion
package was configured. May be it is set to install in the opt directory
and there is no way to change this configuration, and neither in the
installation guide gives an example of doing that, if you can help me
searching the right command to make the installation in other directory,
i will be grateful.

Tnks 4ur help

César Rodríguez

On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 09:44 -0500, César Rodríguez wrote:

> [...]

18/11/2005

On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 09:11 -0500, C�sar Rodr�guez wrote:

> Hi Roderick,
>
> first tnks for your answer, but i searched the specification of pkgadd
> command on
> http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/pseries/index.jsp?topic=/com.ib
> m.aix.doc/cmds/aixcmds4/pkgadd.htm and it seems not to have any support
> for changing the installation directory, i am not an expert on solaris
> but i think that the real problem is the way that the installtion
> package was configured. May be it is set to install in the opt directory
> and there is no way to change this configuration, and neither in the
> installation guide gives an example of doing that, if you can help me
> searching the right command to make the installation in other directory,
> i will be grateful.

Some more help. Try http://docs.sun.com/ for Solaris documentation
including manpages. You will find that better than whatever is on IBM's
site. You do realize that you need to be root to pkgadd?