Re: Accessibility link not working

Karla Wiese
Hi,

I wanted to reach out to you one last time. Please see my previous email below, if I don't hear back from you, I'll assume my suggestion isn't helpful.

Thank you for your time, apologies if I've been a nuisance at all.

                On Sat, Nov 18, 2017 at 10:28 AM, Karla Wiese <[hidden email]> wrote:

                        Hi,

I appreciate you're busy but I just wanted to follow up on the email I sent you the other day; a copy is included below for reference.

                On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 11:23 AM, Karla Wiese <[hidden email]> wrote:

                        Hi,

I was on this page - https://eu3.spamassassin.org/ui/accessibility/index.html, and noticed you have a link that isn’t working.

You’ve shared CAST’s accessibility evaluation tool (http://www.cast.org/bobby) which seems to have been taken offline.

We recommend this as an alternative http://wave.webaim.org/

Whilst you are updating your page, you might also like to include a guide that adds some context and explains how to create an accessible site. We recommend this one - http://wiht.co/guidetoaccessibility

Many thanks,
KarlaIf you prefer not to receive any more emails from me, you can unsubscribe at any time by replying with 'UNSUBSCRIBE' in the subject line.
Access The Web, 3399 Lauren Drive, Madison WI, 53703, United States
                If you prefer not to receive any more emails from me, you can unsubscribe at any time by replying with 'UNSUBSCRIBE' in the subject line.
Access The Web, 3399 Lauren Drive, Madison WI, 53703, United States
                If you prefer not to receive any more emails from me, you can unsubscribe at any time by replying with 'UNSUBSCRIBE' in the subject line.
Access The Web, 3399 Lauren Drive, Madison WI, 53703, United States

Re: Accessibility link not working

Marcus (OOo)
Please note that you have written to a OpenOffice mailing list and not
to SpamAssassin. Both are software projects at Apache but are not the
same. ;-)

Marcus

Am 24.11.2017 um 11:54 schrieb Karla Wiese:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to reach out to you one last time. Please see my previous email below, if I don't hear back from you, I'll assume my suggestion isn't helpful.
>
> Thank you for your time, apologies if I've been a nuisance at all.
>
> On Sat, Nov 18, 2017 at 10:28 AM, Karla Wiese <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I appreciate you're busy but I just wanted to follow up on the email I sent you the other day; a copy is included below for reference.
>
> On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 11:23 AM, Karla Wiese <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I was on this page - https://eu3.spamassassin.org/ui/accessibility/index.html, and noticed you have a link that isn’t working.
>
> You’ve shared CAST’s accessibility evaluation tool (http://www.cast.org/bobby) which seems to have been taken offline.
>
> We recommend this as an alternative http://wave.webaim.org/
>
> Whilst you are updating your page, you might also like to include a guide that adds some context and explains how to create an accessible site. We recommend this one - http://wiht.co/guidetoaccessibility

Re: Accessibility link not working

Dick Groskamp
Marcus,

I looked a bit deeper in this and it seems the page on spamassassin is a
mirror of:

http://www.openoffice.org/ui/accessibility/index.html

So, instead of looking at
https://eu3.spamassassin.org/ui/accessibility/index.html

we should probably have to update
http://www.openoffice.org/ui/accessibility/index.html

with the suggestions Karla made:

1. remove the link to bobby ( I checked: bobby isn't available anymore,
at least not from that link)

     or replace it by the one Karla suggests to http://wave.webaim.org/

2. add a link to:  http://wiht.co/guidetoaccessibility  with tips on how
to make an accessible site.

It seems I don't have acces to the page
http://www.openoffice.org/ui/accessibility/index.html

from CMS ( or I don't know how to get there, which also may be a
possibility :-)  )

--
DiGro

Re: Accessibility link not working

Matthias Seidel
Am 26.11.2017 um 18:42 schrieb Dick Groskamp:

> Marcus,
>
> I looked a bit deeper in this and it seems the page on spamassassin is
> a mirror of:
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/ui/accessibility/index.html
>
> So, instead of looking at
> https://eu3.spamassassin.org/ui/accessibility/index.html
>
> we should probably have to update
> http://www.openoffice.org/ui/accessibility/index.html
>
> with the suggestions Karla made:
>
> 1. remove the link to bobby ( I checked: bobby isn't available
> anymore, at least not from that link)
>
>     or replace it by the one Karla suggests to http://wave.webaim.org/
>
> 2. add a link to:  http://wiht.co/guidetoaccessibility  with tips on
> how to make an accessible site.
>
> It seems I don't have acces to the page
> http://www.openoffice.org/ui/accessibility/index.html
>
> from CMS ( or I don't know how to get there, which also may be a
> possibility :-)  )
Hi Dick,

Thank you for looking closer!

CMS is a bit picky recently.
You often have to "Force New openoffice Working Copy" to get things done...

However, I can make the suggested changes and publish them.

Regards, Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Accessibility link not working

Matthias Seidel
> Hi Dick,
>
> Thank you for looking closer!
>
> CMS is a bit picky recently.
> You often have to "Force New openoffice Working Copy" to get things done...

Sorry, it is "Force New ooo-site Working Copy" for that page... ;-)

Regards, Matthias

> However, I can make the suggested changes and publish them.
>
> Regards, Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Accessibility link not working

Andrea Pescetti-2
Matthias Seidel wrote:
> Am 26.11.2017 um 18:42 schrieb Dick Groskamp:
>> http://www.openoffice.org/ui/accessibility/index.html
>> with the suggestions Karla made:
>> 1. remove the link to bobby ( I checked: bobby isn't available
>> anymore, at least not from that link)
>>      or replace it by the one Karla suggests to http://wave.webaim.org/
>> 2. add a link to:  http://wiht.co/guidetoaccessibility  with tips on
>> how to make an accessible site.

And who knows if these suggestions are in the interest of users or in
the interest of Karla or her employer? We've seen many requests to
"improve" links in the past by people who probably had something to gain
from it. And so... (continues below)

> However, I can make the suggested changes and publish them.

...so, when adding links, we should always add "rel='nofollow'" as a
mild indication of non-endorsement. Support varies, but in general this
will limit the possibility that the link is used just to improve
visibility of the other site.

I've done it at http://www.openoffice.org/ui/accessibility/index.html

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Accessibility link not working

Matthias Seidel

> Matthias Seidel wrote:
>> Am 26.11.2017 um 18:42 schrieb Dick Groskamp:
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/ui/accessibility/index.html
>>> with the suggestions Karla made:
>>> 1. remove the link to bobby ( I checked: bobby isn't available
>>> anymore, at least not from that link)
>>>      or replace it by the one Karla suggests to http://wave.webaim.org/
>>> 2. add a link to:  http://wiht.co/guidetoaccessibility  with tips on
>>> how to make an accessible site.
>
> And who knows if these suggestions are in the interest of users or in
> the interest of Karla or her employer? We've seen many requests to
> "improve" links in the past by people who probably had something to
> gain from it. And so... (continues below)
>
>> However, I can make the suggested changes and publish them.
>
> ...so, when adding links, we should always add "rel='nofollow'" as a
> mild indication of non-endorsement. Support varies, but in general
> this will limit the possibility that the link is used just to improve
> visibility of the other site.
Good hint, I will add that for such links in the future.

> I've done it at http://www.openoffice.org/ui/accessibility/index.html

Thanks!

Regards, Matthias

> Regards,
>   Andrea.

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Accessibility link not working

Dick Groskamp
Thank you both

--
DiGro

Re: Accessibility link not working

Marcus (OOo)

> Matthias Seidel wrote:
>> Am 26.11.2017 um 18:42 schrieb Dick Groskamp:
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/ui/accessibility/index.html
>>> with the suggestions Karla made:
>>> 1. remove the link to bobby ( I checked: bobby isn't available
>>> anymore, at least not from that link)
>>>      or replace it by the one Karla suggests to http://wave.webaim.org/
>>> 2. add a link to:  http://wiht.co/guidetoaccessibility  with tips on
>>> how to make an accessible site.
>
> And who knows if these suggestions are in the interest of users or in
> the interest of Karla or her employer? We've seen many requests to
> "improve" links in the past by people who probably had something to gain
> from it. And so... (continues below)
>
>> However, I can make the suggested changes and publish them.
>
> ...so, when adding links, we should always add "rel='nofollow'" as a
> mild indication of non-endorsement. Support varies, but in general this
> will limit the possibility that the link is used just to improve
> visibility of the other site.
>
> I've done it at http://www.openoffice.org/ui/accessibility/index.html

I haven't seen that the link is actually on our website. So, thanks a
lot for the needed changes.

Marcus