Re: Data series setting for a chart

Doan Nguyen Van - Gmail
Hi Ingrid,

Do you know how to set Data Series for a chart using API. For example
setting for following fields when creating a chart: Range for Name, Range
for Y-Values, Categories.

Best regards,

Doan

Re: Data series setting for a chart

Ingrid Halama-2
Hi Doan,

Special ranges per series can be set only using the unpublished API
within namespace ::com::sun::star::chart2 so far.
Look at the service ::com::sun::star::chart2::DataSeries.

Kind regards,
Ingrid

Doan Nguyen Van wrote:

> Hi Ingrid,
>

> Do you know how to set Data Series for a chart using API. For example
> setting for following fields when creating a chart: Range for Name, Range
> for Y-Values, Categories.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Doan

Re: Data series setting for a chart

Doan Nguyen Van - Gmail

Hi Ingrid,

I’ve successfully modified “Range for Y-Values” using service “::com::sun::star::chart2::DataSeries”. But I still don’t know how to set “Range for Name” and “Categories” (please see attached pic) due to missing documentation. Please let me know how to do that.

As well, do you know how to insert Exploded Pie Chart and Exploded Donut Chart? (I mean which diagram service name should be used? or which property of diagram should be set for these chart types?)

Thanks and best regards,

Doan.

Ingrid Halama wrote:

Hi Doan,

Special ranges per series can be set only using the unpublished API within namespace ::com::sun::star::chart2 so far.

Look at the service ::com::sun::star::chart2::DataSeries.

Kind regards,

Ingrid

Re: Data series setting for a chart

Ingrid Halama-2
Hi Doan,

The range for the name is given by the label within XLabeledDataSequence.

The categories are set at the scale of the x axis (look at
::com::sun::star::chart2::Axis).

You might need to check that a correct DataSequenceRole is set.

Please be aware that these parts of the API are subject to further
changes so do not rely on them in environments where you have no control
over the used version of OpenOffice.org. For example basic macros
relying on these unpublished API will very likely break in future.
This is also the reason why this API is not documented further than in
the idl files itself.

To explode pies or donuts use the property 'SegmentOffset' or 'Offset'
at a series or a point dependent on whether you use objects of
com::sun::star:chart API ('SegmentOffset') or com::sun::star:chart2 API
('Offset').

Kind regards,
Ingrid

Doan Nguyen Van schrieb:

> Hi Ingrid,
>

> I’ve successfully modified “/Range for Y-Values/” using service
> “/::com::sun::star::chart2::DataSeries/”. But I still don’t know how to
> set “/Range for Name/” and “/Categories/” (please see attached pic) due
> to missing documentation. Please let me know how to do that.
>

> As well, do you know how to insert Exploded Pie Chart and Exploded Donut
> Chart? (I mean which diagram service name should be used? or which
> property of diagram should be set for these chart types?)
>

> Thanks and best regards,
>
> Doan.
>

> Ingrid Halama wrote:
>
> Hi Doan,
>

> Special ranges per series can be set only using the unpublished API
> within namespace ::com::sun::star::chart2 so far.
>
> Look at the service ::com::sun::star::chart2::DataSeries.
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Ingrid

Re: Data series setting for a chart

Doan Nguyen Van - Gmail