Re: Doesn't work with the Best

Toralf Lund
RodJ Martin wrote:

> Although your Office suite works with some Operating Systems, it
> doesn't work with the BEST Operating System available in the World...
> Mac OS X 10.4.x
>
> I have worked with and on computer systems since 1969 (Burroughs
> 3500) and have been working with Mac OS, DOS and Windows since the
> early 80's.  To date, there has been no better Operating System than
> Mac OS X 10.4.x "Tiger"

Possibly, but I still regard using the SGIs of 10 years or so ago as my
best OS experience so far...

But that's a different discussion entirely. Actually, OOo works quite
all right with OS X. I recently downloaded the 2.0 binaries from
openoffice.org, and they installed and worked just like that. They do
need the X server, though (one of the greatest things about OS X is in
my opinion the fact that I can just compile and run all those freeware
apps developed under Linux/Unix via the X11 support. Yes, that's without
a fully native user interface, but I still think it's great.)

If you want a "more native" UI, have a look at the "NeoOffice" project.
There is no 2.0 release of that yet, though.