Re: Endnote filter/plug-in?

Anthony Long
Thanks for your note.  I have copied the Dev and Bibliographic Dev
Projects on this email.  I would encourage you to visit the
Bibliographic project for further information about the developments
underway in this area:

http://bibliographic.openoffice.org/

Thanks and Best regards,

Anthony Long

Chu Choi wrote:

> Hi, my name is Chu Choi, and I have been following OpenOffice from
> before v1.00.. I am a big supporter of your work, and am excited about
> what OpenOffice has to offer.
>
> I am a postdoctoral research fellow at Harvard Medical School, and
> like most people,  we use MS Office almost daily. I and my lab would
> completely convert over to OpenOffice if there were support for the
> popular program EndNote, developed by Thomson, Inc. I know I speak for
> many in the scientific community who feel the same way. Our research
> budgets are constrained already without shelling out thousands for
> multiple licenses of MS Office, when OpenOffice is just as good and is
> free.
>
> You guys have a lot of support in our community, and I know a large
> fraction of us would convert over if this plug-in were supported. Just
> my thoughts.
>
> Thanks,
> Chu Choi

Re: [dev-biblio] Re: Endnote filter/plug-in?

Bruce D'Arcus

As a former disgruntled Endnote user, I can tell you our goal is to
produce something better.  And while we are working on making it very
easy for third-parties to plug-in (including commercial products), I
wouldn't want us to waste meager resources on doing work that ISI
Researchsoft should be willing to do themselves.

But am I right that you'd be even more happy if you could avoid license
for Endnote too?