Re: English (Eire) Dictionary Extension

Judd Ruane
Hi,

I would like to known if there are any plans to develop an English (Eire)
Dictionary Extension.
I have been using OpenOffice.org for years and have moved all our office to
OpenOffice.org 2.4. I have been able to get the English (Eire) dictionary
working by doing an offline install with the english language pack however
with the move to dictionary extensions this will not work for version 3.0
and I cannot move to version 3.0 without it.

I would appreciate any help and suggestions you may have.

Kind Regards,

Judd Ruane

Re: Re: English (Eire) Dictionary Extension

Mathias Bauer
Judd Ruane wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to known if there are any plans to develop an English (Eire)
> Dictionary Extension.
> I have been using OpenOffice.org for years and have moved all our office to
> OpenOffice.org 2.4. I have been able to get the English (Eire) dictionary
> working by doing an offline install with the english language pack however
> with the move to dictionary extensions this will not work for version 3.0
> and I cannot move to version 3.0 without it.
>
> I would appreciate any help and suggestions you may have.

You could create an extension by yourself (we could assist you in doing
so) and offer it for download on extensions.services.openoffice.org.

Or you could contribute your dictionary to the project (if the licence
fits) and we will either provide it as an individual extension or add it
to the "en" extension that already contains en-US, en-GB and en-ZA.

Regards,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "[hidden email]".

Re: Re: English (Eire) Dictionary Extension

thomas.lange

Hello Judd,

> I would like to known if there are any plans to develop an English (Eire)
> Dictionary Extension.
> I have been using OpenOffice.org for years and have moved all our office to
> OpenOffice.org 2.4. I have been able to get the English (Eire) dictionary
> working by doing an offline install with the english language pack however
> with the move to dictionary extensions this will not work for version 3.0
> and I cannot move to version 3.0 without it.
>
> I would appreciate any help and suggestions you may have.

As a reference download for example the following dictionary
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/french-dictionary-classic-reform1990
then rename it from oxt to .zip and unzip it to see the contents.

After that take a look at
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Extension_Dictionaries and
follow the guidelines there while just editing/replacing files in the
downloaded dictionary. That should be the easiest way to get you a
working dictionary.
And finally you just need to zip those new files and rename the archive
to oxt.

Regards,
Thomas

Re: Re: English (Eire) Dictionary Extension

Judd Ruane
Hello Thomas,
Thanks for the reply. I will try to follow the instructions and get a
dictionary working.

Regards,
Judd

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 8:16 AM, Thomas Lange - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Judd,
>
> > I would like to known if there are any plans to develop an English (Eire)
> > Dictionary Extension.
> > I have been using OpenOffice.org for years and have moved all our office
> > OpenOffice.org 2.4. I have been able to get the English (Eire) dictionary
> > working by doing an offline install with the english language pack
> however
> > with the move to dictionary extensions this will not work for version 3.0
> > and I cannot move to version 3.0 without it.
> >
> > I would appreciate any help and suggestions you may have.
>
> As a reference download for example the following dictionary
>
> http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/french-dictionary-classic-reform1990
> then rename it from oxt to .zip and unzip it to see the contents.
>
> After that take a look at
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Extension_Dictionaries and
> follow the guidelines there while just editing/replacing files in the
> downloaded dictionary. That should be the easiest way to get you a
> working dictionary.
> And finally you just need to zip those new files and rename the archive
> to oxt.
>

> Regards,
> Thomas

Re: Re: English (Eire) Dictionary Extension

David Wilson-8
Mathias Bauer wrote:

> Judd Ruane wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to known if there are any plans to develop an English (Eire)
>> Dictionary Extension.
>> I have been using OpenOffice.org for years and have moved all our office to
>> OpenOffice.org 2.4. I have been able to get the English (Eire) dictionary
>> working by doing an offline install with the english language pack however
>> with the move to dictionary extensions this will not work for version 3.0
>> and I cannot move to version 3.0 without it.
>>
>> I would appreciate any help and suggestions you may have.
>>

> You could create an extension by yourself (we could assist you in doing
> so) and offer it for download on extensions.services.openoffice.org.
>
> Or you could contribute your dictionary to the project (if the licence
> fits) and we will either provide it as an individual extension or add it
> to the "en" extension that already contains en-US, en-GB and en-ZA.

Could you add en_AU as well ? I have packaged up and updated version of
the previous English Australian dictionary and put it on the extensions
site at
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/AustralianDictionary

Regards

David Wilson
> Regards,
> Mathias

Re: Re: English (Eire) Dictionary Extension

Mathias Bauer
Hi David,

David Wilson wrote:

> Mathias Bauer wrote:
>> Judd Ruane wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to known if there are any plans to develop an English (Eire)
>>> Dictionary Extension.
>>> I have been using OpenOffice.org for years and have moved all our office to
>>> OpenOffice.org 2.4. I have been able to get the English (Eire) dictionary
>>> working by doing an offline install with the english language pack however
>>> with the move to dictionary extensions this will not work for version 3.0
>>> and I cannot move to version 3.0 without it.
>>>
>>> I would appreciate any help and suggestions you may have.
>>>

>> You could create an extension by yourself (we could assist you in doing
>> so) and offer it for download on extensions.services.openoffice.org.
>>
>> Or you could contribute your dictionary to the project (if the licence
>> fits) and we will either provide it as an individual extension or add it
>> to the "en" extension that already contains en-US, en-GB and en-ZA.
>>
> Could you add en_AU as well ? I have packaged up and updated version of
> the previous English Australian dictionary and put it on the extensions
> site at
> http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/AustralianDictionary

If Martin Hollmichel gives me a "thumbs up" for the licence, I will add
your dictionary to our "en" extension.